ForumsSupport ForumWhy Do We Not Have These Features.

26 3419
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I was thinking earlier today, and something hit me. Instead of having the "Quote Button" on the forums, what if we had the "Reply Button" on each forum post. (Kind of like Youtube.) And when you "Reply" it shows up under the forum post you are replying to. And here's another thought, What if we had the "Thumbs Up" and "Thumbs Down" features. Tell what you think.

• 26 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't think we have the profit to get another developer...Carlie told us why we couldn't get another one before, but I can't remember why...

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

profit? i mwould be a devoloper for free

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I disagree with the thumbs up/down and we already have the ability to quote in the news and the way we quote now is good enough.

If your quoting something 20 pages back write

Pazx Wrote

Huh... waddam I doin' here? Giving an example? sure, why not...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Cool, I never knew that...I'll try it.

[quote=firetail_madness]I rock...[/quote]

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

[quote=InTheZone]Did it work?[/quote]

Anyway, what exactly would be the point of the thumbs up/down? People could easily vote down comments in a few seconds, then users would complain, and it'll be a hassle to deal with implementing it.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I'd love that, quicker and less work.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

ShintetsuWA thinks:

Well, I'll think of something later, but it looks like that we already have the quoting, the thumbs up would be the vote up, and the thumbs down would be flagging (if that's what the button is for, I don't use YouTube).
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Anyway, what exactly would be the point of the thumbs up/down? People could easily vote down comments in a few seconds, then users would complain, and it'll be a hassle to deal with implementing it.

Yeah!
Do you think it's necessary?It would just like a hand pointing up working for no purpose.For me Vote up is THUMBS UP and flag is THUMBS DOWN.So those cover the thumbs thing in a better way.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

[quote=InTheZone]Anyway, what exactly would be the point of the thumbs up/down? People could easily vote down comments in a few seconds, then users would complain, and it'll be a hassle to deal with implementing it.[/quote]

That would happen.
And it's not needed. If it's a good or slightly short/spammy comment, we don't need to vote it and if it's real spammy flag it.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

jaja hey man we both said the same thing!

DrimuS
DrimuS
62 posts
Peasant

i'd like the reply button, but i dont think it should appear under the post you're replying, it should appear at the end, quoting what the other said
i dont think the thumbs up/down is a good idea, generally people dont take them seriously

Showing 16-26 of 26