ForumsSupport ForumA new kind of merit notifictaion.

40 5779
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Now we have the email notifications,but maybe something more simpler,maybe a green check sign next to our names?It is much easier to see then opening another tab/window and looking it up.What do you think? I it hard to implement:I wouldnt think so.

• 40 Replies
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Or maybe Ag created some form of automated-response that had a set of Default words like:

Congratulations! You have received a Merit for __________ because of your astute and helpful observation.

And others; that way, we can see it on our profile!

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Thats bassically wat the emial notifitcations is,but i dont know,i havnt gotten a merit lately.but also,if you click the check it would take you to a merit-history page.

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Why not just have a merit-history page then? If you feel like you have received a merit, check it!

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Can you create the topic please?
because well,i have created like 3 this week,just mention the basics about it and what you think it will lok like and where a link will be,and mention me i made it up,but got confused.if you dont want to its ok. and on your page the link will have a "!" next to it for "New Merit"

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

close this topic
problem is solved now

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

What,why close this topic?It still has room for debate,and yeah,it would be better than logging in to like 4 other places as I already have to much buissnes to log into one extra thing.

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I think a private merit history page would be cool. If every one could see each others, it might lead to people copying and pasting merits and changing a few words. But right now I'm happy with the e-mail notification. I haven't got a merit yet, but when I do, I'm sure the e-mail will be fine to let me now.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I think a private merit history page would be cool. If every one could see each others, it might lead to people copying and pasting merits and changing a few words. But right now I'm happy with the e-mail notification. I haven't got a merit yet, but when I do, I'm sure the e-mail will be fine to let me now.

i dont think the whole actual merit should be on there,maybe just something like so:

"Merit Awarded on,October 26,2008.
For:The Last Stand 2
Upvoted:18 times."

upvoted how many times is cool.

simple stuff like that
dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

That would be very cool theone99, and maybe it can be setup like google, where you just type in a user.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Yeah,or as others put it,having it as a private setting to only you can view it.

Showing 31-40 of 40