ForumsSupport ForumBlocking

8 2408
Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

We should be able to block users from commenting on your profile. it will help stop spam a lot. there should also be a list of blocked users that you can visit and remove them off. the block button should be by the Add Friend button.

• 8 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Hmmmmmm.........
I disagree with this idea, yes, I know the Pros to it, sort of, but there are also Cons as well, and I find it an unessacary option because we have something similar just it blocks everyone and it doesn't have some big shiny 'Block User' text on it, and it's not a button =/
If you could block users, any user, from commenting on your profile, you could block all the Mods so they couldn't warn/talk to you, and not to mention block every other living thing(or not) with an account on AG.
There is also a Block Comments option, if someone's bothering you that bad, you can just temporarily turn off all comments and inform a Mod. If may stop other people from commenting on your profile, but if someone's spamming you like crazy, they're probably just going to tell you 'hey that guys immature' or 'who's that spamming you?' or something non-productive like that. If they have something worth saying, they can say it in a few minutes when the Mod gets rid of your spammer.
If you don't want them talking to you just because you don't like them, tell them, and if they keep being ignorant, tell a Mod, again, finally, if they still won't stop they should get a ban anyway for harassing other members.

At least that's what I think. I just don't think we need another option to keep people from talking to you.

revolushn
revolushn
63 posts
Nomad

oh come on! whay should we block everyone (our friends and potential friends) from commenting when all we want to do is block a spammer. One person from commenting. What your suggesting is just playing into their hands.
It's been suggested before (alot) but i think we should be able to block people. It wouldn't be hard to not be able to block mods (why would you want to anyway?)
But anything to stop the spammers.

God I hate spammers.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well sooorrriiieeeee, geez.

I, as in my opinion, just think it's unnecessary when it usually only takes 10-20 minutes at most to get rid of a spammer.

What your suggesting is just playing into their hands.

How? All they want to do is see you yell at them and get angry o.O
our friends and potential friends

IF your friends were talking to you, or were going to, they can say it later if they were going to, and if they were talking to you already, they would know you were being spammed =\\ It's not like their comments are.......*looks around*invisible to others(well not in most cases, most spammers aren't the smart-spammers, if they were, you wouldn't nessacarily know you were being spammed! At least not at first>_&lt.
RescuePal
RescuePal
128 posts
Nomad

I don't like the idea all you have to do is delete their comments and what if they stop spamming you have them blocked you don't know they stopped spamming and they were blocked!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

It's been suggested so many times but it's not found in the Common Suggestions, what a shocker!

Do we really need a blocking option? RaptorExx summed it up pretty well -- if a user is bother you to the point it's actually aggravating you, then report that user to a moderator (and supply some proof if you can). There's no real issue of spam either. If someone posts "vagina" on Messenger 30, 50, 100 or whatever times, I'll simply report first -- then delete. The power that spammer once had simply goes away because his posts were deleted.

Use the tools you already have to deal with the problem.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I already made a thread about this.
Please don't duplicate threads.

https://armorgames.com/community/thread/1965030/block-users

Gfitz07
Gfitz07
203 posts
Nomad

I already made a thread about this.
Please don't duplicate threads.

https://armorgames.com/community/thread/1965030/block-users

i didn't notice sorry
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

you know, this is almost excatly like kongregate but instead of blocking people, in kongregate you silence them by clicking the mute button right next to the add friend button.

but actually this idea is pretty good that way we can stop the abusers in the site from causing trouble.

Showing 1-8 of 8