ForumsWEPRGlobal Warming

933 211000
zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

i dont beleive in global warming because i think that it is so gradual that by the time it is dangerous the next ice age will counter act it

Does any one else have any views or opinions about that?

• 933 Replies
Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

zombieslayer, it is true that Earth's climate swings back and forth between ice ages and interglacial periods, but you seem to be hung up on this fact and are convinced it explains everything. I don't claim to have all the answers, but obviously, neither do you.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

i've noticed the winters here in ohio getting warmer and warmer over the last decade...i don't mind actually. winter sucks...but if you think humans don't have a part to play...i have some ocean front property in arizona i would love to sell you

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Serb have you been checked for paranoid schizophrenia?

kirby1243
kirby1243
141 posts
Nomad

how could u not believe in global warming, there are melting the ice caps at a gradual rate, the heat from the sun comes to earth it hits us, it goes back up but is stop by a force of the earth so it stays at r lvl and melting everything...

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

"Force of the Earth"? You mean greenhouse gases?

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

lol... once u guys take grade 9 geography, you'll know what global warming REALL is. and just becasue its ggradual, doesnt mean its slow. the earth's CO-2 has increased more in teh last 5 years than it has in the whole history of earth. that means a MUCH hotter earth- which also means there will be NO ice-age to counter act it...

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

lol, its people like you thats f**king (i was going to put teh "c" in there but im afraid im might get a warning :S ) up our planet. go watch "a inconvinient truth" and try to listen, you might actually learn something

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Seriously Serb, plenty of people care, but the people that don't are pretty much sabotaging anything anyone tries to do about it.

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

ya, which is not cool, cuz in the end we suffer, and some old people are like: ah! screw it, im gonan die anyways, why should i care?

and the reason why they should care (and you too) is because its going to affect their children/ relatives, and even some ol people's grand-kids.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Wow, that took all of ten minutes to change your mind. But what kind of radical thing can you do about global warming? We can slow it down by trying to use less energy and stuff, but otherwise...

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

cars are a major factor of global warming (and he really did change his mind fast! lol) so by using hybrids, electric, or hydrogen cars, we can stop most of the polution. coal factories are also deadly, and those are trying to be shut down in canada, but the stupid prime-minester or whatever is like Bush and hes being gay and he keeps on procastinating, cuz there is a set due date for the closing of the factories.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Well that's what I mean. Using cars that don't release as many pollutants, shutting down factories, but those aren't really radical. They're good, but the only radical thing we could really do is like a sweeping overhaul of the industries, replacing old, dirty machines with efficient new ones.

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

we could bomb a couintry that pollutes alot.... but i dont suggest it. wat we need is more carbon sinks, then MAYBE once they have done their job, we can launch them into space, before they have a chance of backfiring on us.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

lol... Yeah, I guess there isn't really any radical solution. Carbon sinks arent a bad idea though. Do they even exist?

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

yes, do u know what they are? carbon sinks are stuff like trees, and limestones that can suck in CO-2, and then they eventually let them out.

Showing 91-105 of 933