ForumsWEPRGlobal Warming

933 211220
zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

i dont beleive in global warming because i think that it is so gradual that by the time it is dangerous the next ice age will counter act it

Does any one else have any views or opinions about that?

• 933 Replies
WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

-50C?!!! where are you at, the moon?

Nickster_on_Fire
Nickster_on_Fire
5 posts
Nomad

no, im not crazy, im serious. Arctic air moved into the prairies causing temps to fall to extremes. it's global warming.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

that seems too low a temp...when and where?

Erako
Erako
121 posts
Nomad

Personally, I advocate the stop of global warming. It's real people, and if we don't do something, we're all going to die or something horrible is going to happen. Lots of u guys should see Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth" It's really good!!

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

The Earth has been warming herself up throughout the ages, it comes and goes. But we are doing nothing to help it get better that's for sure.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Very true. Also, it is probably better to call it 'climate change', as opposed to 'global warming'. Because yes, Earth overall is warming. But also, climate change is making things colder as well. The general trend is that it is just making everything more extreme. We are having warmer summers, and colder winters.

I have only seen part of 'An Inconvenient Truth' in my oceanography class, but what I have seen so far, I agree it is very good. It is a sobering movie for sure. I highly suggest that even if you disagree with climate change, that you see it. Because even if you disagree, that doesn't mean you shouldn't educate yourself on the other side.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I would watch 'An Inconvenient Truth' but something about Al Gore really rubs me the wrong way. Just for whatever reason I don't like him.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Understandable, but he does say a lot of very intriguing things. It really gets you looking at it differently.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I should rent it then. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't. You never know.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, I don't always like hearing him speak too. He is incredibly intelligent though, and a man to be respected. But the research and findings that are in the movie are just incredible.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I must know, did he really invent the Internet? Because I never believed it but I was never sure.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Lol what? I have never heard that before!

But I am pretty sure that is a no.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Ohh, ok. I could have sworn that he had said that when he was campaigning. I could have imagined it.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

When asked, a lot of people will say that Al Gore created the internet. It's just a joke, since he came up with the concept of global warming, and now that that is so huge, people joke that he must have created the internet too. I didn't follow his campaign, so I don't know if he said it, but I don't think he did. If he did, he was kidding.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

He did not come up with the concept of global warming. He is just advocate to help stop it.

Showing 121-135 of 933