ForumsSupport ForumSpam!

27 4400
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

It seems many users don't quite grasp the concept of this term. I've been angered by many posts under 5-7 which have nothing to do with a certain Topic/Game!

I was wondering... what MORE can we do to stop spam?

You can use this as a think-tank...

• 27 Replies
Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

What more we can do is:

1 Dance on your lokal market in your undies holding a sign there is spam on the ag forum/game comments. Im not sure if a mod will see that tho but atleast you might make the lokal news.

No seriously we are kinda out of options here at this moment. Why you might ask well i dont think the mods like to scroll trough so many pages a day looking up spam and deleting it. The only thing the mods could do is add an agreement when your signing up clearly stating the rules about posting/commenting and give violators warnings. 3 warnings and they are blocked for 1 week orso after that they get banned orso.

Anyways thats all i can think of.

Sep

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

you could only have more mods on the site
there aren't enough

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

you could only have more mods on the site
there aren't enough

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The only ones i see is NoNameC08,Estel,Carlie,Strop and Dank some times.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Who is saying we are trying to get a mod?We know the different kinds of ways.We are saying that they are not always active.

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

they are almost never acive guys
we need active mods

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Even getting more moderators isn't going to solve anything. All they could do is delete, delete, delete. We, as users, need to help prevent spam by having awareness of it, reminding users that spam is unnecessary, that they will get banned for doing so. ArmorHero has already done a decent job of doing so by creating a thread that is sticky worthy (although is has minor typos and basic code malfunctions. If these users just take the time to read the rules, everything will be easier and the moderators wouldn't have to ban users.

As for inactive moderators, there are reasons why, such as some have very important things to do in real life and cannot continue their duty as a moderator for a period of time. Other than those reasons, the moderators that are still here are working hard as usual to throw the hammer down on these spammers.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wait why are we talking about mods?
Lets get on topic OK?

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, the topic has shifted from "Spam!" to "Mods!". My opinion is that the option of clicking the flag should be more defined for new users to understand the whole concept of spam being bad for the site.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I was talking about both moderators and spam, so I'm not out of it.

What do you mean defined, Fyrefox? Explained more so they get what the flag button does? Because if they don't know what flagging is, they probably are new to websites entirely.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

There is nothing we can do to stop ALL the spam. The most we can do is use the tools we have right now so we can hopefully lessen it down. There are systems out there that will limit spam, but it is probably beyond our budget or we simply don't need it.

Bah, I didn't understand a word I wrote...I hope it made sense.

But seriously, your not happy with what we got right now? At least we have a lot less spam then other websites...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Just look at Kongregate's chat feature. Flame, flame, flame, spam, no mods doing a thing, spam, flame, spam...

We, as users, need to help prevent spam by having awareness of it, reminding users that spam is unnecessary, that they will get banned for doing so.
Showing 16-27 of 27