ForumsArt, Music, and WritingParagraph Writing Contest!

74 13725
mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

I know that there's a lot of writers here on AG and I wanted to make an original, but not too time consuming contest to help these people shine.
I will choose a theme and anyone can enter. The format will be
2 Paragraphs- as long as you want
They have to relate to the theme.
They can be like the middle of a story, or the beginning. Think of it as a short story, except shorter. Maybe you could think of it as an excerpt from another story.
I will find a moderator to give out a merit, but I will judge. The most interesting, expressive, or original (or maybe even funny) entry will win!

The first theme is:

[/b]Learning to drive!

• 74 Replies
adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Wow zophia that was good, a little..gory but still good theme

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Wow zophia that was good, a little..gory but still good theme
Thanks^^ I'm not sure how all that gore came in, uhm... At least I weren't explicit on how he killed the mother?
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

@slliM You can do it about zombies if it has something got to do with sickness.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

Wasnt judging yesterdya or was that just the dead line.?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yeah, but Mentorso seem to be in a bad mood/offline a lot... It is okay, though, he will probably get to it sooner or later.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

I dont think this will ever be judged.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It's really a shame if he gave up on it... Say, Mentorso, can't you at least come back and tell us if you've given up on this?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I'll take it over, then.
Sorry, but no judging for the last round.

Next theme will be:
Potatoes.

Judging Thursday the 4th of December.
Let's get it up and running, so we can get a merit for winning at least?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Potatoes. I blame your dinner for this one... Eck. And less than a week to finish in...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Just adjusting. Thursdays for paragraph, Fridays for art skill, Saturday/Sunday for MWT...

GeneralPerseus
GeneralPerseus
10 posts
Nomad

This is the description of a unthought of movie:
SPUD OF SATAN
The new film by Quenten Tarentino
Starring Keanu Reeves, That hot chick from Transformers, Mel Gibson, and Arnold Shwarzenhoweveryouspellit,

After World War Z, The remaining members of the Human Resistance Outpost #312 were beginning to run out of supplies. The Undead Onslaught was only increasing, and as soon as the AutoTurrets were overwhelmed the entire Unit would be engulfed in a tide of decaying flesh. This story is of their bravery, their sacrifice, and most of all, potatoes. For at the center of the story, therein lies the unavoidable spud.

Kyle O'Malley (Keanu), A Staff Sargeant at the outpost, is trying to escape the doomed outpost with his girlfriend (That hot chick). Meanwhile, Captain Rahl (Gibson) is keeping the Zombie horde at bay, trying to fight off the insidious plague with the help of Doctor Yeukten (Arnie). Only by Chargin' and Firin' their lazor with the power source of the Potato of Potential Purgatory can they rid the world of the Evil engendered by the Spud of Satan.

Rated R for Scenes of Graphic Violence, Nudity, and Keanu Reeve's acting.

FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

Ok someone let me know when there is a military theme! lol
I'm trying to think of a story about potatoes

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Theme: Potatoes

Story:

One day, in the middle of the war between chefs and tomoatoes, while the chefs were winning, the tomatoes had a secret weapon. Mr. Potato!!
Mr. Potato had amazing strengths, including turning himself into a million French Fries. He could round-house kick Chuck Noriss, and lastly, he was a toy for oung children that like to move potatoes' body parts!
When the tomatoes revealed Mr Potato, the chefs keeled over and every last ones' words were:
OMG!!!

Thank you! Thank you! *Bows*

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

One day, in the middle of the war between chefs and tomoatoes, while the chefs were winning, the tomatoes had a secret weapon. Mr. Potato!!
Mr. Potato had amazing strengths, including turning himself into a million French Fries. He could round-house kick Chuck Noriss, and lastly, he was a toy for oung children that like to move potatoes' body parts!
When the tomatoes revealed Mr Potato, the chefs keeled over and every last ones' words were:
OMG!!!

Thank you! Thank you! *Bows*

Oh, no, definitely no need to mention Chuck Norris. It's not like you ever do anyway.
Showing 61-74 of 74