ForumsSupport ForumWhat does the comment box need?

8 2299
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

What does the comment box need? An over looked mistake so obvious that I find it hilarious that no one has said it before. We'll tell you what this problem is, after the break.

[break]
http://www.worldclassflags.com/productimages/corporate_mcdonalds.gif
[/break]

The comment box needs an option to be bigger? Have you ever written a merit comment only to find your self smashing your head on the nearest hard surface trying to proof read it, in that tiny little box. Maybe the oversight of this problem can be attributed to, most comments fitting in that under sized box. We believe that there needs to be an option on each and every member of Armor Games' profile to increase the size of the comment box...

Im am OctoberSnow and I approved this message.

[For those wondering what that was all about]
I think an option needs to be made to make the comment box larger. It's tedious to try and read a merit worthy comment in the tiny little boxes we have now. I was bored so I tried to make it like a news story... Well I hope that explains everything!
  • 8 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I see where you're going with this, and I totally agree, that the comment box needs to be significantly larger. But the problem is, if they enlarge the comment box, we will not be able to see the most recent comments that were replied to in the game, unless if you click the link that brings you directly to those comments. I would be all up for this idea, only that this comment box would need to disappear or something, since:

1. We don't need that box until 30 seconds after you have posted your comment.

2. So we could see the most recent comments.

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Maybe a check box above the recent comments. show comment box [X]
Then when you click it, the comment box opens up? I don't really know if that's programable, I just want to comment box to be bigger!

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

It not really for the forum. Most forum posts don't exceed the box. I was typing a merit attempt yesterday and it was *heck* trying to re read it and make sure it all made sense in that tiny little box.

I my self don't like those forum reply pages. I find them too big and unneeded...

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Fantastic game... enough said.

The graphics are amazing, absolutely raw - gritty - and detailed. The characters are visibly different from one another (i.e. as in units) and the enemies are of course different. The environments are muddy, cloudy and dark, creating this sort of ambience of the failing war. It's good. The animations are particularly good, especially the ones of death and the bodies flying and the deaths here an there. It's very well done. Presentation is excellent, overall, very visually appealing.

The music was very well done. Life-like war sounds were used for the game, and that's evident with the gunshots and the explosions. Music is phenomenol and suits the game!

The game is very fun to play. You're basically playing World War I, the war that had little interest with game developers unfortunately. That makes this game really unique!

This game seperates itself from the CoD and Medal of Honour since it involves serious trench warfare, the usage of tanks, the introduction of chemical/gas warfare, among other things.

There is a lot of strategy involved I would say and it can be really difficult at times, since it seems unbalanced (v1.01!). The enemies seem to have much more knowledge of what to expect than you do -- they also seem to get mortar and artillery launches more quickly than you.

Certainly an interesting game, and if you want to make a sequel, I suggest going onto the next era of warfare. The mechanics in place are really well done, and I don't feel CA should touch a good thing!

Overall: 5/5

That is an example of a comment that I've written, which has been awarded a merit. As you can see, the length is fairly long, as are the rest of my meritted comments ('cept on those slow days!)

My point being? The boxes are fine the way they are. I know I'm one example of a user who doesn't mind, but it honestly isn't that hard scrolling up to see if you've repeated something or if you feel something didn't make sense earlier. Another solution would be to copy and paste your comment on Notepad or Wordpad -- very simple, very easy and very effective!

One other thing to note! If your comment has a structure to it -- editing/proof reading should be a breeze. If each paragraph is its own unique subject (e.g. one paragraph for graphics, one for music, etc) then how exactly is it hard? You just read bit by bit and it only takes a couple of seconds.

My mindframe is... if it ain't broke, don't fix it and only improve it when it is absolutely necessary. Other than that, it could be a waste of time just enlargening a box when it's obvious the resources are already there for a user to do things outside of the box... like copying+pasting comments.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Do what I do: Type it up in Notepad. Edit. Copy. Paste. Submit.

Although sometimes I just type it into the comment box and submit, errors and all, it's still comprehensible.

Notepad is just a bigger version of a text box. Plus, you can't depend on the text box. If you accidentally hit refresh or back, your comment may disappear and there is no way to get it back. It's better to use an external editor.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes i do agree with this.It needs more space and you can hardly see were you put a certain thing.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Heck with it, I agree with you.

I'm looking for spelling and grammar errors, and when I scroll, it takes me to the bottom.

Either the scrolling needs to be re-polished, or the comment box needs to be bigger.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I think the Comment box should at least be as big as it comes out, but it's not a big deal just use what Gantic does.

Showing 1-8 of 8