ForumsSupport ForumLinked Comments on Games.

28 3399
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I was thinking, due to people wanting to see more comments on the main screen, maybe instead of the whole comment appearing, how about just the username, the date, etc. Then under the info, there would be a link called "click here for info".

If you clicked it, a popup would appear (no spam or anything), which states what the user wrote.

What do you think?

• 28 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But if we add Shin's idea("Invisible submit button until you make a long comment" then it wouldn't be spam right?As for cussing the little * thing might appear letting that cuss comment be visible.

Carly13
Carly13
66 posts
Nomad

Inivisible submit button cool but then wouldn't people just hold theer finger on the one button for awhile?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Word identifier?If the user/person never spaces then it won't count as a word right?Maybe 10 or 7 words would be a very fair length.

Carly13
Carly13
66 posts
Nomad

Word identifier?If the user/person never spaces then it won't count as a word right?Maybe 10 or 7 words would be a very fair length.

I guess that would be pretty fair.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Hiding comments under 7 words? Holy crap, talk about getting rid of spam easily! Let's face it, you can't write a very well structured review for a game, in under 7 words, so by hiding the posts moderators easily identify who's writing the crap and who's writing the good stuff If only there was a way for that to be implemented.

Mind you, it wouldn't stop spam or anything, but it might just push users to write "better" comments.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That's better than nothing right?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I've said before that mods might have special tools that cannot be used or viewed by normal users.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Ok, so these ideas are:

1. Hiding users' game comments and are able to be seen by clicking on a link that would pop up in a new window/tab.

2. Making the "Post Your Reply" button invisible until the user has written a stable comment (at least 5-7+ words) in order to have legit messages. This can work for the forums to, if they should request it.

Does ANYONE have any objections to these? Because if not, these could be very good ideas to have.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

They work pretty well together, although I highly doubt this would be coded easily...

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Short user comments are a good gauge of the rating. If anything they might be short since it's called '"Quick Feedback". The Rules and Regulations aren't exactly specific in that a user should not post short comments like "Good." "Cool game." "It's stupid." "It's boring." "I die too fast." That is quick feedback, not helpful, but it's feedback.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Short user comments are a good gauge of the rating. If anything they might be short since it's called '"Quick Feedback". The Rules and Regulations aren't exactly specific in that a user should not post short comments like "Good." "Cool game." "It's stupid." "It's boring." "I die too fast." That is quick feedback, not helpful, but it's feedback.

Those could be typed in a separate box with no AP.
Problem is, how do we make them type it in that box instead of nabbing AP with a quick comment?
Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

I would suggest a spoiler instead. A spoiler is basically a link. But it contains anything you want. just have to put the words inside the spoiler tags and there will be a button saying spoiler. And when you click on it what's inside it shows up. Maybe make it automatic coding so people don't forget, or make it mandatory.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Hey FT the picture that i posted.Is it similar that the thing you want?

Showing 16-28 of 28