ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454541
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think we'll be aiming to have all entries submitted by the 13th... I think...

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

7 Dervysh & Vixen
Through the forest it went. But something is wrong, like the vines seemingly following them. Dervysh is suddenly picked up, and both of them disappear into a blackness. A black sky is the next they see, lying on the pavement. As they rise, they see something. A flicker...
?? Intro? Or do you want me to fill out the char sheet on the FAQ?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

You are supposed to write what they do and how they react after having heard what the hologram said. Look at the other Arrival entries?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

@Strop:
I think the actual idea for the tournament was mine, as it spun off from the conversations.

@Esuna:
At the moment both you and Klaus is rather close to be killed off, mainly because I am tired and frustrated, but also because non of you have submitted Arrival. Unless you can submit Arrival soon, and get Blood done by the end of this round, I will kill you characters off.
I know you have had school, but unless you are able to keep up with the deadline like the rest of us, I do not really care how much you like being in the tournament. Same with Klaus, as he had a lot of time to finish...
I am being harsh, and I do not really care.

I am still less online, as I just have come home from the hospital, and can look forward to two weeks with a nurse coming each day and change my bandage, and I have a lot of crap to get done.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, yeah:
I know Zophia have answered, but:
Failed a little with Kai and Akuma. I have no reason to write an introduction to a new chapter for myself, thus making Akuma's intro blank.
And Kai failed quite dramatically on the teleport, yes. Since his teleportation are powered by the Government, it should not fail. Confussion. And then breaking his arm... He is fail.

The deadline is the 12-13th of December, hopefully.

Nice work, Strop, it looks really, really good.

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

OMG FINALLY DONE ^__^

Through the forest it went. But something is wrong, like the vines seemingly following them. Dervysh is suddenly picked up, and both of them disappear into a blackness. A black sky is the next they see, lying on the pavement. As they rise, they see something. A flicker...
A flicker appeared before each of the contestants. It slowly formed the figure of a masked person, a male. The blue image raised his head, seemingly looking at the contestants before him. He began talking with a deep tired sigh. -I greet you.- He twitched a little. -Welcome to this test of - abilities. This world will most probably make you cry for your mother, no offence, but if this not make you go crazy or make you cry, then... You have no humanity. No sense.- He looked to the side, taking a deep breath. -The first one to enter the tower is the winner. Before you can do that, you will have to take care of your opponents, in one way or another.- He turned his head at the contestants again, looking directly at them. -If you want to live, then do not enter...- He was cut off. Then the flicker began once again, and he disappeared.
*Boom*
Vixen had tried to blast the figure as the shockwave of gravity flew out into the distance.
'No use' Dervysh said. He stood up, and his ears pricked...
Silence.
'Damnit' he said as his fist pusled through the ground. The ground split, then repaired itself. 'How is this possible'?!.
'Whats wrong?'
'This whole place... all i can smell is... darkness, evil... Horror.'
Then.. This guy
http://images.elfwood.com/fanq/s/a/satrn9calina2/kakashi_sensei_halloween_sketch.jpg

They both stepped back...
'What the hell!!!!??'
'Huh? oh... hello. Im in quite of a hurry so let me figure you out. Just keep walking, defeat any creature in your way.... Byebye!'
*Poof*

'Wierd' dervysh said. 'I mean... i like naruto... but this??! Inner conscious'
And that so, they set out into the small streets.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ehm... Well, if we explain Kakashi's appearance as a figment of their imagination, some sort of delusion that isn't truly present, then that entry should work. Yeah... I dunno. *waits for Cenere*
Thing is teleportation of any kind doesn't work well in that world~

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I have already desided they are both hallucinating, which will be part of the challenge. Because I do not care to wait for a fixed entry.

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

oh sorry, kakashi is dervysh's conscious, able to be seen by vixen too... Yeah.. Im Wierd.. =]

I guess conscious could be hallucinating... so, thx cenere =]

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Uhm, consciousness, right?
Anyway, I will make Blood for you when I am less sleepy, hopefully you can make the Blood-entry before the deadline.

Okay, I will be evil. Klaus, unless I see an entry when I get online tomorrow, I will write a "death" scene for Azu.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Too may typos! I'm trying again:

Klaus tells me that Azu is bowing out, dunno if he's verified that with you yet.

Here's Orlestat's entry:

There Will Be Blood

Moreover, there was that something tickling Orlestat's fancy again, or rather, desires. Much as he relished the exercise of his mastery over these baser elements, the air around him was saturated, swimming through his world and filling his lungs, sending a pulsing urgency through his body, a tingling rushing down his spine and within his loins, setting his muscles quivering and peaking his senses. Calm, calm he chanted to himself, the voice echoing into meaningless noise that was drowned by the throbbing of his temples. His vision was tinting red, distorted by the glacial beat of his heart as his consciousness dangled over a yawning abyss, the infinity below swallowing him, dominating him, driving him maddeningly into a single, orgiastic moment that made him inexplicably wish he would explode.

Then he felt the redness very close behind him, and a whisper caressed his cheek. You know you want to.

In an instant the ground had dropped a mile away below him, along with the walls that taunted him so. He puffed his chest out, sucking in air deep through his nostrils, even feeling the air stream around his turbinates, and letting loose a bellowing shriek, the heady sensation of energy washing away music to his soul. Free again, and loving it.

And of course there was the culprit, the miserable being responsible for this redness, circling around, flapping towards him, the crunching drawing ever closer. In his state, Orlestat could not help but indulge himself.

"I have some questions," he clipped mockingly. "But I know you can't answer them."

...to be continued...

---

The whole thing can be found here. I didn't want to invade the thread with a 2500 word post, so I thought I'd keep it out of the way.

Note also that there are footnotes, so it's best to read the whole post.

I shall now struggle on with Strop's entry.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

k, I've managed to come back in with guns a' blazin' again.
*pops neck*
Here goes:

PT. 2 (first person through Nergy)

Victory was sweet, but I couldn't help but rub it in brother's nose about my idea. I haven't smiled in around a year, and this was the first in ages. It's been a while since I actually had a good fight you know? Either way, I won and that's that.
The alpha hellhound had woken up, and had a slight limp from the feather. Before it pursued the happy twins, it limped over to the recovering building. With the firey, keen eyes of the brutal beast, it saw that only 3 of the pack had died from the blunt impact (kill count: 5/17) and it growled at the weaker of the pack.
"Brother? Did you feel something just now?" Brother asked, jolting up on 2 legs when doing so.
"What brother?" I paused to snicker, "A disturbance in the force?"
"Best not to joke brother, turn around" he said with a suprisingly serious and gruff tone.
"It's not true, that can't be!" the hellhounds were still there! How could a hellhound possibly survive a two ton knock to the head? It's inconceivable! The thoughts raced around in my head until I eventually came to one conclusion: "If they're alive, we kill, if they're injured, we put them out of their misery." I said aloud.
The hellhounds weren't half as slow and stalking this time, they went straight into the action. Before I even let my tail out, the alpha had pounced on me. Had the Nergyl Claws not been resilient enough, I'd have my neck gone and a shocked expression on my face. Holding back the monstrous hound, it's spit, of which was HOT spluttered onto my face. When my tail had finally came out of my body, it knocked the alpha away. I had gotten back up by the time brother had taken out another hellhound with his teeth, the brute. (kill count: 6/17) Jumping to his position, I whispered in his ear, back to back.
"How many do you think you can take brother?" I asked with a straight face.
"All of them with enough time," he kicked off another hellhound with a grunt, "but I can take around 5 of these grunts, you take out the alpha!"
Hearing his request, I jumped around 3 feet into the air, and barely dodged a hellhound. Glancing back to see if brother was hurt, I punched another one of the ravenous beasts away from me. Since he wasn't hurt, I ran full-speed to the alpha, who seemed to have been coordinating the others from behind the scenes. With a roar only a Nergyl could muster up, I threw my claw at the black beasts face. A short wimper came out of it as it flew into the building, making a crack in it. Waiting for the explosion, I was dissapointed.
"Guess this pups a dud brother!" I called to brother from across the street. With the alpha outcold (again) the other hellhounds seemed to be confused. I saw this as an opportunity to finally get back at brother's cocky attitude, and ran straight into the pack. Two pounced up, and I slid down onto my back while they were in the air, cutting them open with my claws (kill count: 8/17) The howls of the devilish beasts were almost as unbearable as a Nergyl when they died.
"We need to finish this quick brother!" I yelled to brother. 3 other hellhounds randomly jumped at me. My tail impaled and threw one, while I kicked another off to hold anothers throat. (kill count: 10/17) After I strangled the hellhound to death, I noticed brother had killed another 3, ways unknown (kil count: 14/17).
"What were you saying, brother?" Brother said after 2 of his fresh kills nova'd. Knowing there was only 3 left, one of them outcold, I ran towards the nearest hellhound (of which was the one I kicked off earlier) and impaled it. What was left was only the Alpha, and we decided that it might be fun to kill it differently than the others. As brother and I walked up to the deafeated creature, I noticed that the crack in the wall I made earlier was not there any more. Putting that aside from my mind, brother and I brutally and bluntly killed the Alpha Male. With a final, forceful throw into the building, making several small pieces of rubble fall off. It's howl was worse than mine when I was hurt, and it was louder than a banshee. Now I could really be happy.

Yeah, I crapped out at the end, sorry =P

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, the nice feeling of people being inspired. I like it~~

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Now that I am done with the FTC tournament(Don't ask me what that stands for,because I'm not going to tell you anything except it is Robotics)I can finally start on my entry today.I will see what I can get done,and will try to add in some 3D Modeling into it for the buildings.I could easily defeat the creature,but I am going to try and add some comedy to my entries and be as creative with it as I can.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Easily? That would be risky~~
But good you are going to get something done, I will look forward to seeing the result.

Showing 616-630 of 1813