ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 376983
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh, cenere, I think I can find a way to make them fight.

I will also introduce my other character shortly. I think his weaknesses are more severe than his strengths, lol.

Did you know that a peregrine falcon's feathers are not waterproof?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Ok...Umm...I want some weaknesses...

*Runs off to find pad paper and pen*

30 Minutes Later...

Ever since that day, Delairi had been unwelcome in the Guild, and had been deathly afraid of water. The strange thing was, because of her fear, she became very vulnerable to any water based attacks. She couldnât swim and the most water she could cope with was a little bit in a glass or cup. Delairi only had one other weakness, strong melee attacks. She usually immobilized her opponent before they got close enough to attack by either crushing their mind or blasting them with magic. If an opponent got too close, then she wasnât prepared to protect herself from these attacks.
Pg 10 RJH '08

There...another weakness, melee attacks. Is that good? Oh...but that brings with it a new skill I forgot to mention:

Skill - Mind Powers = Not only being able to read people thoughts, Delairi can control people with her mind or mesmerise them. She can also crush their minds and render them immobilised.

KIngRyan
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Not only being able to read people thoughts, Delairi can control people with her mind or mesmerise them.

This will need heavy limitation, at least within a RP setting, otherwise will cause OOC player conflict and is thus known as a form of "god-modding".

In fiction, being able to manipulate minds is, if not convincingly done, a strong Mary-Sue trait.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Oh FINE!

OK...She only has a limited ability of mind control, which can only last for one attack / move. Also, it leaves her very weak.

As for her mind crushing, this attack leaves her unconcious...

Is that good enought?

KingRyan

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

oh, by the way, I am entering with Pazx. If that helps...

I am just starting to write up the... stats of him.

got most of it in me head anyway

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

If i could enter that would be awesome

Name: Dervysh
Pic: Ill draw one later x3
Race: Furry Humanoid aka Hybrid
Info:
Abilities: Can go from 0 km a second to 100 km a second (could strop do the mathematical and translate it for the Americans?) in 15 seconds. Can regenerate "dark matter" armor which bends light around him creating an illusive illusion.
Strenghts: Very agile and can keep a good stability.
Weaknesses: While being able to generate and switch on and off the dark matter armor, it slowly kills him degenerating his body as a resource to feed off. Also when going really fast he often asks "Wheres the brakes?" and crashes quite violently into a wall.
Teammates: Vixen the vixen ~ you probrally have seen the headshot - ill put up info on her later.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

lol, when reading your description Esuna, I was like "wow, that is very fast, I wonder if she'll be able to see anything at that speed."

Is that really 100km a second? You'll have to deal with breaking the sound barrier in 0.05 of a second, which would do nasty things to your slipstream aerodynamics! Let's do some handy math trivia:

First, some handy non-related information: 100km/h = ~62mp/h = 27.8m/s.

On Earth, 1g = 9.81m/s^2 (approximately, depending on where you are, as it is further from the equator to the earth's center of gravity than it is from the poles due to differing effect of centripetal force. NOT CENTRIFUGAL FOR GOD'S SAKE! Anyway...) As you know, about 6g is enough to knock out even a fit human adult.

Now, 100km/s = 100000m/s. So 100km/s in 15 seconds is (assuming steady acceleration) about 6.7km/s^2. Which is 6700m/s^2. Which is approximately 700g.

700g. If you're 50kg, that's about 35000kg of force. Or just imagine yourself being crushed by a 3-carriage road train loaded with 500 head of cattle.

Now imagine crashing quite violently into a wall at 100000m/s! That would be the equivalent to attempting to instantly stop a 747 as it lands on the runway.

Smoosh!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

As for her mind crushing, this attack leaves her unconcious...

If you hadn't done it, Cenere would have done it for you :P

Don't worry too much about it, we'll all find a way to balance out.
Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

Hey, its a imaginative furry, let me run in my world of 100km second here. (i meant per hour lol...) and i did not just get anything you said....

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

I meant by "no one can beat him" that no one he has fought. I don't think that he has fought any of you...
or heard of...

*well, we'll see, I'm not thaaat good*
pah.

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

btw... dervysh is a guy, vixen is the girl.. and lets just say that Dervysh can go insanely fast...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, another post because I went back to the first page to read up how to describe my contestant.

You all know Strop. I will officially do a sketch of him later but I want to introduce a chracter that is slightly more suited to this type of challenge. He is based on a character I've used for some time and have actually cast in the novel I'm working on:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/orlestatsketch.jpg

Name: Orlestat
Species: Anthropomorphic peregrine falcon
Sex/Gender: Male
Height: 170cm (5'7&quot
Mass: 72kg (160lb)
Equipment/ability: No equipment. No clothing. Empty-handed combat of both inner and outer style.
Strengths:

* Dedicated warrior, known for a love of combat.
* Steady-minded in almost all situations, does not fear death.
* Sharp senses, powerful talons, sharp beak and very quick, as peregrines are.
* Flying.
* Comprehensive knowledge of fighting method and strategy, magic use.
* Ability to control and project inner strength (ki) within the context of melee combat.

Weaknesses:

* Has a complex which causes him to fear killing his opponents by his own actions.
* Occasionally struggles against an inner-construct (possibly possessed?) which, while granting him resilience, also disturbs his frame of mind.
* Feathers are not waterproof. Moisture or any fluid will slow him down significantly. Drowns easily. Miserable when wet.
* Anatomical features i.e. tail, wings instead of opposable digits means he cannot perform most high dexterity tasks. Turning a doorknob is possible, sitting on a chair crushes his tail feathers, drinking from a mug is awkward and manipulating small objects is a futile exercise in frustration. Orlestat's differences are a major day-to-day issue.
* Way of martial-arts does not defend him against much magic, only melee and physical/ki-based magic.
* Does not engage in long-range combat.

These are the fundamental strengths and weakness. There are many tactics one could use to defeat Orlestat, provided his talons, slashing and wind attacks do not provide you too much grief. Many of them depend on how well you know birds, but this would in turn depend on your own ingenuity, so I will leave those out.

Backstory:

It has never been clear how old Orlestat is- for even Orlestat has forgotten this, as it has ceased to have meaning to him. What he does know is that at this present moment his body does not appear to age. It hasn't aged since before he could remember, which harkens back to a time he feels he would rather not remember, for therein may lie the source of an eternal shame.

Thus Orlestat lives the live of a dedicated wandering warrior monk- always meditating, always training and trying to work with the attributes he has to find a path to his own transcendent art. For the most part he has had to journey alone and in the wilds, due to his differences rendering him unable to live a normal daily life among those who posess such things as fingers and feet, and perhaps this is part of the reason he feels that any kind of completeness is denied to him. Furthermore there is the strange apparition that haunts him on a whim, always goading him to seek, seek and maybe never find.

In this environment, Orlestat will see the events as an opportunity to hone his skills and broaden his palette, so to speak. He has no allegiances and does not care to form alliances although he will not necessarily actively reject them. However, while he will not open hostilities, he will never turn down a challenge.

Okay, I think that's it for this guy!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Argh, I see a typo! "life" not "live"...

Hey, its a imaginative furry, let me run in my world of 100km second here. (i meant per hour lol...) and i did not just get anything you said....

That's okay. Just imagine having a 747 landing on you, and you'll be right

Though running insanely fast and crashing into stuff would be funny for sure.
Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

yay!! Antrhomorph!!!! Lol, 747.. Ow and no comment about DM Armor?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Doesn't mean I didn't notice it

It's late for me, so I'll comment when the time comes

Showing 76-90 of 1813