ForumsSupport ForumI Just Noticed Something!

13 2350
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

In the ranks, there is no page. It just goes straight from serf to squire.

• 13 Replies
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

well, at first the question didnt make much sense because the proper spelling is Paige i believe.
anyways, as to the question, this is just a site and not everything has to be historically accurate. i could ask the same thing as to why you go from knight to duke.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Possum, a Page IS a squire! Just a different name. If you're suggesting more ranks, we don't need any.

@Owen: Its from Knight to Lord.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

@shintetsu, a page isn't a squire. A Page is lower than a squire. A squire carries a knights weapons into battle and help them into battle armor.

Page might be the equivalent of serf, but I don't think it is.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

@Shintetsu: sry about that, lord is what i actually meant in the first place :s

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Page: --a youth in attendance on a person of rank or, in medieval times, a youth being trained for knighthood.

Reference: Dictionary.com

Sounds oddly similar to me what a page/squire is. They also send letters, and run errands and everything, but they function exactly like a squire does.

As for this thread, we do not need more ranks, it is fine the way it is.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

In becoming a knight, there are 3 levels: paige, in which a boy learns the ways of a knight from an older knight; squire, where a teenage boy learns "from experience", often helping a knight put on his armor and helping him clean it, and occasionally following him into battle; around 19-20, a squire is knighted.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

sorry, this is way too confusing

then why did you post here?

In becoming a knight, there are 3 levels: paige, in which a boy learns the ways of a knight from an older knight; squire, where a teenage boy learns "from experience", often helping a knight put on his armor and helping him clean it, and occasionally following him into battle; around 19-20, a squire is knighted.

you only named 2...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So your suggesting we add another rank in the beginning? That would mess up the AP values totally.

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

I rather like the rankings as they are sorry...and anyway

what does it do for armorgames?Anything spectacular?No..

I'd suggest trying to come up with something spectacular that we all need..Hasn't happened yet and I'm trying to think of a great idea myself..But so far hasn't happened

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Squires and Paiges are the same thing. They are mediaval people in knighthood training.

There really is no need for this thread... You may want to check Wikepedia.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

I agree with Firetail, adding another rank would mess up the ranking system and points..........maybe over time.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

[/quote]In the ranks, there is no page. It just goes straight from serf to squire.[quote]
Whadda mean, serfs come after squires in AP ranks, is that a crime or something?

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

then why did you post here?

I get it now, but there's no need to add more ranks, it'll just mess everything up
Showing 1-13 of 13