ForumsSupport ForumSuggestions...

41 5506
Nomad

Ok it's getting ridiculous that there are about 20 topics covering the same exact suggestion. I haven't been on since around the beginning of October and already I have seen so many topics repeated it's not even funny.

On the first page alone there are two topics asking for more ranks and two asking about armatars. Blah, blah blah.

Here is a suggestion that can most likely stop this.

Ok so here is how it works:

When you click to make a new topic on the Support and Suggestions section it asks you if you are going to make a suggestion. If not it allows you to go ahead and make your Support topic, if so it takes you to a list of all the Suggestion topics. (This can be set up by the Mods/Admins) If you pick a topic on the list like say... "Armatar ideas" It will automatically take you to the thread for that specific topic.

The thread can be pre-made by the mods.

If you need clarification ask me on here.

Lol I looked around a but I didn't see anything like this idea.

• 41 Replies
Nomad

See your idea would work if people weren't lazy.

That's where my idea comes in. It doesn't matter if the person is lazy, as soon as they pick what there topic is about it directs them to that page.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Let's go ask Carlie about this, and that, and this.

It could come in handy

Orclegion
Orclegion
30 posts
Nomad

I don't know, but I think _____________ might have been doing this as a joke by copying the thread that wanted to stop copying. Not sure tho. :P

Nomad

Umm, no this wasn't a joke.

I'm not even sure what you mean by what you just said.

CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

I'm not sure why the 'Community' option has disappeared from the search engine. It just says 'Games' now. That was always how I searched for the topic I wanted, and made sure that I didn't repost an old thread. They should bring the 'Community' search engine back so people can make sure their isn't already a thread for their converstaions.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

People, if your way too lazy to search the thread on google then you need to shut down your computer and jog around the house or just get active. Because that is plain laziness.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

or, you can do it here in AG, but its still glitched, by typing the following in your address bar:

armorgames.com/search/<what you want to search for, replacing spaces with +>/community

Tp go with what mrtim said, here is an example you should put in your address bar:
http://armorgames.com/search/suggestions.../community
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

mrtim, what exactly are you replacing the ellipses with?
Ellipses are the three dots( . . . )

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

A way you can search specific site on Google is to

Sie:armorgames.com/community

Ok so someone knows some HTML Script, whatever, big deal.

Well for this suggestion altogether I agree and disagree. For the most part, people have been ignoring the stickies recently which seems to cause this excessive amount of repeated topics. I don't know why, don't ask me. The stickies need to be updated anyway....

Ok if there were no such thing as stickies (which it kinda seems like it now), I would definitely agree. Quite similar than Juan's but the idea is backed up with more reasonable ideas and such.

Nomad

Lol thanks for putting it like that Plokkey.

And Why did we get so off topic. Jeeze!

cipher_nemo
cipher_nemo
9 posts
Nomad

Well, this forum reeks of non-functionality (like search, selecting multiple lines, etc., etc.) that there's no point in worrying about multiple topics. Until Armor Games decides to use popular forum software instead of trying to re-invent the wheel, this forum is doomed to repeat itself, let alone fail from so many other oversights.

Showing 31-41 of 41