ForumsSupport ForumUnnecessarily Censored words

37 5766
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Gladiatus g-l-a-d-i-a-t-u-s

Outward o-u-t-w-a-r-d

If they show, I'm sorry... they were blocked elsewhere.

Why are they blocked!?

• 37 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Well some people just can't find any other way to get there point across, and I don't mean huge debates, kinda more of a casual 'friend' thing >.<

Now if your just using it 10 times before every normal word, then obviously you've got problems if that's all you can say to communicate....

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Now if your just using it 10 times before every normal word, then obviously you've got problems if that's all you can say to communicate....

All I can say is, NEVER go to West Terre Haute Indiana. They invented 50 swear words there and use it constantly, this is also why I emigrated to Japan.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Swearing is for people who just can't express themselves properly, and feel that they can REALLY get a point across by swearing... >.> they're fools.

Does anyone really care if "F-llen Sword" or M- Mi-i C-ty are actually censored? Do people use those words in sentences? I understand you want to know why, but the question should've been forwarded to a moderator. And ask yourself "is it really that important?"

Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

So does d@mn man I always say d@mn and people think I swear.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@InTheZone:
With most of them, it doesn't matter. But o'utward is a word several people have written, and the first six letters get censored...
And I still don't get the deal with 'raped'.

@Sodas:
That happens to me too... When I type too fast I forget it gets censored... It's not that big of a problem, though.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

But o'utward is a word several people have written, and the first six letters get censored...
And I still don't get the deal with 'raped'.

Interesting point. Why not use 'external' or 'externally'? Although, I guess it wouldn't fit in some context or another, all the time. If anything, people should bypass the censor. As for 'raped' ... haven't got a clue, but I guess you can wait 'til Carlie or a Mod decides to skip along by.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It's mainly used to describe a motion (going out-wards), so the external words don't work so well.
'Raped' probably proves that the o'utwar/o'utward issue can be solved, though, since it's the specific letter combination that as censored...
And I don't think 'r*pe' should be censored at all, but that's just me...

Words that possibly should be censored... Whore? It wasn't last time I checked, but I kind of think it should be...

Showing 31-37 of 37