ForumsSupport ForumAll the new armatars

29 5290
Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

Can someone please show me all the new armatars?If you can thanks =)

• 29 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Also. OMG some of them are - just not good... *apologizes to the artist for saying that*

Like which ones? I don't like the horse one. But the others are good.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

The horse one is - kind of fail. The only positive thing I can find about it, is the choice of colours. It really just does not look suitable for an armatar (with the small loose feathers that are hardly visible at armatar size).

I can just find things that I think are off on every single one of them... I'd love to give the artist some constructive criticism, but since we don't know who it is, I just end up sounding mean...

Basically, I think they are all made way too detailed to fit the size of armatars. Just take a look at the expressions! You can't see them properly even at 100x100...
The warrior in the second set is pretty nice, though. I like that one.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Thank you Zophia!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Thank you Zophia!
For what?

Anyway, if I may...
The Centaur, as most of the others, has too many little details that does not show properly at common armatar dimensions. It also looks like the artist has little experience with drawing horses, as the shape of it looks rather lumpy and does not follow up on the more realistic proportions of the man part. Though I must admit the whole figure is kinda stiff. (harsh comment because it appears to attempt realism, yet fails because of the stiff pose - it could be stylistic, but the style does not aid that effect).

The Satyr/Minotaur - see, I'm in doubt which it is, for the horns does not look like they belong on a cattle head. Yet the nose ring is typically something seen in bull noses. This one looks ... squished, in all directions. I'm not sure what sort of facial structure or expression the artist tried to achieve. I also think the zigzag lines in the fur are unnecessary details for something that is most of the time seen as a 60x60 pixels image. It would, in my opinion, have looked better with a lighter colour but no lines there.

The Medusa is actually one of the ones I like the most. It does look a bit too dark in the top, though, and the snake heads are hard to see. But otherwise an excellent armatar (see, I don't dislike them that much).

The Hydra is another one that attempts too much in too little space. The fire and the middle head are a bit too hard to see. But nice colour scheme.

The Pegasus - way too much detail on the wing (and what is the deal with those falling feathers??), and the pose it is in could also have been a lot better. The muzzle is unreasonably big, which makes it look kind of goofy and cartoony. The mane adds to this by seeming unnatural - it looks like it has been using lots of hair gel to get it back like that.

The warrior guy (I don't know what to call him), is actually the only one I don't see anything off with. There are no unnecessary details, the colour balance is pleasing to look at, and his expression is awesome for an armatar.

The last four... I stared at them, not quite believing they were done by the same artist... While the first six looks like they could have been done in traditional media, the "royalty" themed ones are obvious digital pieces.

The king and queen are quite similar, and falls kind of into style with some of the 0AP armatars. They have the comical style that looks like it is supposed to, so even though I'm not very fond of that style, I like them as armatars.

The lady/dame/duchess/whatever she might be - very pretty drawing, and would probably have been my favorite of this set, if the colours had been a little more notable... In 200x200 pixels, she looks really good. But the light colour scheme makes her blur out a bit at smaller resolutions. Still looks good, though.

The - what is he? A knight? He sort of gives me the impression of a blacksmith... Besides the background stealing to much attention with its bright colour differences and the more or less unnecessary folding lines in his clothing, I like this one too. The stylistic effect is well performed in it.

Agree or disagree with me, I just felt like stating my full opinion. I'll get used to these new styles eventually, but I would really like to give the artist this feedback... Oh well, I guess that's not possible...
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

asically, I think they are all made way too detailed to fit the size of armatars. Just take a look at the expressions! You can't see them properly even at 100x100...

That's the biggest thing I don't like either.
I agree with your review too. But I like these armatars a lot, except for that they are too detailed for the small armatar size and especially the size on comments.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ohhh, someone actually read it! I'm glad.
I actually like them a lot too, as art pieces. Not so much as armatars. But as art, they are very nice.

Uhmmmm, I just realized we shouldn't keep this thread alive just to talk about the new ones, since Carlie made a thread with that purpose...

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

what is the price for the new amatures?

Nomad

They "cost" 300$ each lol.

Nah not sure but I think it says it on the new news post on the homepage.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I agree with Zophia. Some are not that good like the unicorn one. I think he could do better.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@juan:
It's a Pegasus. :P
Anyway, why are we still talking here?? *yes, I know I'm just as bad as the rest of you*

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

It's not very good to see the armatars, it spoils the fun of finding out what they are after you got there. But I guess you should know already anyways...

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

For goodness sakes guys... why must you guys create the line? The line doesn't do anything... it's useless and only promotes spam and backseat modding spam.

Anyway, after reading Zophia's analysis, I've concluded that the Minotaur and the Centaur are probably the two drawings that are noticeably off. They look like they were drawn by preteens... and believe me, if anyone remembers the show "Art Attack" - you'd know what I mean. No offense to the artist :P

I definitely like the king/queen/dame/knight -- they seem more in line with the Armatars we already have. Plus they look ever so cooky

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

i really like the new amatures i would rate eveyre single one a 10/10

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I understand that you guys want to know, but these are blocked out in your Control Panel for a reason ;-)

Showing 16-29 of 29