ForumsSupport ForumOne hour signup wait.

23 3488
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I know a good way to stop spam. I think we should have to wait exactly one hour, between signups. I can't think of any reasons to make two accounts at the same time other than spam. I think this will reduce spam.

• 23 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What do you mean? Make a person sign up and then another person sign up after an hour? If yes t would work because we'll have low users. Can you explain i better?

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

One hour wait for one person to make an account.

Nomad

What I believe he is saying is that..

After you make your account you have to wait 1 hour before using it, or making another one.

Sorry if that's not it.

Really I don't think spam is really caused by people making multiple accounts.

I've only seen that once and he was taken care of fairly quickly.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

A spammer would probably make several accounts to spam on, if we had a rule that you have to wait at least one hour between signups, it would probable reduce the number of spammers on AG.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

After you make your account you have to wait 1 hour before using it, or making another one.

No you can use it right after you make it, butyou have to wait one hour to make another account.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ths would be kinda stupid actually. If soeone makes an account, and wnats to try out a site, if they had to wait an hour, or a day, why would they want to go back?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I see what you mean. They make 2 accounts. 1 get's banned and they'll have to wait 1 hour to use it right?

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

They don't have to wait an hour to use it. They only have to wait an hour to make another account.

Nomad

Oh well in that case it would be pointless because they could easily just wait an hour and make another.

Besides I'm not sure how you would be able to limit users to only making one account per hour.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Well maybe we could make the wait limit longer.

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

for signing up? what would that help with?

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Sometimes spammers continuously make accounts to spam on, I say make a wait limit so they want spam as much.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

How about limiting it to one account per email address instead? "We're sorry, this email has already been used to create an account on ArmorGames.com", something like that...

Of course a lot of people have multiple email accounts, but this could certainly reduce spammers a little?

Nomad

Actually it is limited to one e-mail address.

When I created this account I had to create a new e-mail address.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I say no in his idea. This can be avoidable easily.

Showing 1-15 of 23