ForumsSupport ForumTutorial

31 4152
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I think there should be an orientation after you join. And orientation is a helpful introduction, a tutorial if you must call it. So right after you register it asks you if you want to start the orientation or just go straight to your control panel.

The orientation will give you points. You will get orientation points for doing things that will make you learn more about the site. For example, a part of the orientation might include you reading the rules or other important pages. You will get points. After the orientation you will have a quiz that will give you points if you score well.

Here is how you it will be shown on your profile. When people see how much orientation you have, they can judge how much you know about the site.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o378/mopkey/orientation.jpg

• 31 Replies
masterofallgame
masterofallgame
70 posts
Nomad

lol plokkey thats a bad idea people could skip the tutorial scroll through the rules ext...(see i can find holes in your ideas to)

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

I don't really like it, Everybody knows what spam and such is they only come on to annoy, If a new member has intentions of being liked and respected they know what and how to do it, Unless they have never been on the internet before.

I would have to disagree with that for that reason, Would not change anything.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I actually like it Plokkey its kinda cool as well but might be hard to get here.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I asked for a guide or tutorial a long time ago and you didn't like it Plokkey.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

I think it should because I was lost when i joined.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

This is a good idea,many people don't know where the forums are when they sign up,how to get AP,don't know what spam is,AJAL,and it would help people by preventing EVEN MORE SPAM because then noobs ask "Whats AP?" and other uneeded if read tutorials,also,why would you have orientation in your rankings box?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

why would you have orientation in your rankings box?
I think that was to encourage people to read the tutorials by rewarding them with AP.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, the way I see it is, points have to be awarded to actions that can be done repeatedly (e.g. forum posts and game comments). It looks like you can do orientations for ONE TIME only. If you could, that would be a terrible thing, because users would go through the orientation again and again and gain 100% points every time they enter. But how many points would you be rewarded with when you score on an orientation?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

i think that was to encourage people to read the tutorials by rewarding them with AP

Just to make sure they don't cheat,the "Next Page" doesn't appear until after there page is done..

Oh,and do experienced users HAVE to take the orientation?
recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

A lot of people were lost when joined...

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

A lot of people were lost when joined...

exactly!

oh and i didnt find the forums until... 1 month after i joined!
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

lol plokkey thats a bad idea people could skip the tutorial scroll through the rules ext...(see i can find holes in your ideas to)

That's their fault. They have a chance to find themselves.

I asked for a guide or tutorial a long time ago and you didn't like it Plokkey.

Yes, I didn't like it, so I changed it so that it encourages users to do it, with AP.

Well, the way I see it is, points have to be awarded to actions that can be done repeatedly (e.g. forum posts and game comments). It looks like you can do orientations for ONE TIME only. If you could, that would be a terrible thing, because users would go through the orientation again and again and gain 100% points every time they enter. But how many points would you be rewarded with when you score on an orientation?

You could only do it once of course, and I had trouble deciding how much AP.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Then it's worse! People would just do it for AP. That's even worse.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Then it's worse! People would just do it for AP. That's even worse.

At the time when they are doing the tutorial they don't much about the usage of AP. The tutorial would give you basic information, so the use would only be encouraged to use the tutorial.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

It's basically the same thing that i suggested but with AP. What's the difference?

Showing 1-15 of 31