ForumsSupport ForumTutorial

31 4151
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I think there should be an orientation after you join. And orientation is a helpful introduction, a tutorial if you must call it. So right after you register it asks you if you want to start the orientation or just go straight to your control panel.

The orientation will give you points. You will get orientation points for doing things that will make you learn more about the site. For example, a part of the orientation might include you reading the rules or other important pages. You will get points. After the orientation you will have a quiz that will give you points if you score well.

Here is how you it will be shown on your profile. When people see how much orientation you have, they can judge how much you know about the site.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o378/mopkey/orientation.jpg

• 31 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

It's basically the same thing that i suggested but with AP. What's the difference?

You just answered your own question.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Then why did you do another thread?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Lots of people have suggested a tutorial. This is slightly different.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Really how so? I see it rather similar.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Really how so? I see it rather similar.

And again you ask a question you already answered yourself.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But you didn't answer mine. Why did you make this one even thought the one i suggested is the same thing?

cheze
cheze
84 posts
Nomad

ok,so wat bout ppl who r already members?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Can you please read and try to understand the posts on page 2?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

ok,so wat bout ppl who r already members?

They can still take it, but I don't think people past lord or duke would need it. I guess it would be limited to knight and below.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

AP? I really see no big difference.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well for this suggestion.I think the best way for this to work is to give them points only for the test,as people could easily just skim through the rules and such,but you could give them a special symbol,or a message underneath of their name on their profile that says they have completed the orientation.Keep in mind that things that are AP involved would have to available to everyone.Otherwise it would not be fair to those who did not get that chance to get the AP when they first joined.The AP reward for the quiz,would be a reward for learning how the site works properly.Of course someone would find a reason to complain about it anyways,but over all its not that bad of an idea.Still the way I have noticed these type of suggestions to work out is that if someone finds even one real issue(even a small one) then it typically will be not be implemented.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well if people have a problem with newbies getting AP and higher ranked people not, then that much be really sad. People always miss out on points and I guess just the quizzing would work (1 AP for question answered?) since a few people don't know their stuff.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well,how about the test is at max 20 AP?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well,how about the test is at max 20 AP?

20 AP wouldn't be so bad, but seems a bit much.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I was thinking for more around 10-15 AP range.Also you should know by now that whether its sad or not.People are not going to like it when others are given oppurtunities that they are not.Also there is no definitive way to know who really is a new member,except for if they just joined after the system has been implemented or even after that,but people who had just joined right before that wouldn't get the same oppurtunity as those who joined afterwords by that system.So really to implement this correctly.They would probably have no choice,but to give this oppurtunity to everyone anyways.

Showing 16-30 of 31