ForumsSupport ForumProfile counter

20 3408
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if this has been thought of before, but what do you all think of a counter on your profile to show how many times it has been veiwed by other members?

• 20 Replies
volcanboy
volcanboy
425 posts
Nomad

The recent visitors box is good, i wasn't trying to make something that would stir a competition, and I definately think that we shouldn't get AP everytime we pass a certain number; I was just springing an idea

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hm. Fun, yes, but ultimately I feel that both are actually not good ideas.

* The counter would be the source of much competition, yes, almost by definition. It doesn't really give you much else apart from that, and if this feature were implemented I can forsee a lot of people spamming one-word messages to other people moreso than we already currently see, and posting links to their profile on the forums.

* Recent viewers may be a problem when it comes to security. The extreme minority of problem users on this site, the ones that maliciously spam and post horrible images (like what you saw just half a day ago), are generally more likely to act if they feel they are provoking the appropriate response or a crackdown is imminent. I'd rather this not happen.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Beleive it or not, this ha been thoought of once or twice. I have not seen the final answer, but in my opinion, I don't suppourt this idea. Way to much coding, and this is such a small add-on.

ronny2500
ronny2500
63 posts
Nomad

I think we should not have that because it becomes a competition and there would be a lot more problems!! And I thought of it before but I didn't think it was a good Idea!!

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

If we had this idea, everyone would be bragging about how many views they have.

Showing 16-20 of 20