ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Reaching Out and Touching No One

Thread Locked

Posted Dec 21, '08 at 12:54am

Gantic

Gantic

11,368 posts

Administrator

You will have to wait. Or I could stretch this story out even more than it's already stretched out as I stall on the status of the Space Cowboy and the Stranger as I wait for Strop to judge the ASC. I leave myself just enough open-endedness to do that. I might release two parts a day when I get back to my computer, but not now.

Posted Dec 21, '08 at 3:03am

Strop

Strop

11,094 posts

Stallion Man broke the long silence that followed with a stutter, "Th-th-that's... actually disturbing."

What, in a Meet the Meat way, or something else I probably can't explicitly explain on this forum?

I wait for Strop to judge the ASC

Aw shoot. I'll try to get it done now.

Posted Dec 21, '08 at 10:30pm

Gantic

Gantic

11,368 posts

Administrator

Meet the Meat.

Of Course, Of Course

"The Space Cowboy," Stallion Man replied. "He's been here for a couple days. Came with a guy who called himself the Stranger."
"The Stranger?" the Bullman asked.
"Yeah, a guy in a black hat," Stallion Man replied. "Said he's from around these parts, but I've never heard of him. He's not an Armor or a Gamer. He might be an Figment."
Figments were creations, non-beings created by Gamers. Gamers were visitors to Armor Games. Armors were the indigenous inhabitants of the world. Interaction with Figments by Gamers was mostly forbidden, especially if the Gamer was the creator of the Figment. It led to Bad Possibilities, but most Figments were only two-dimensional. However, the more fleshed out Figments and developing Figments were dangerous to themselves and everyone around them. And the Stranger seemed fully capable of functioning in a true-being society and even exhibited some signs of Bad Possibilities.
"There's no time to worry about that," the Bullman said.
"If you're thinking of hiding in the Imaginarium, I'll move out to Armor Game City. Stuck here for a bit. All the artists there have holed themselves up on the second floor in protest until the recent competition has been judged. Crazy bunch of folks. Still have to clean up after them. And a word of warning, sheriffs frequent this area. The new one too. Been cracking down on everybody. Best lay low and hide that stupid horsecraft."

Posted Dec 21, '08 at 10:51pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,652 posts

*gigglefits over the last paragraph*

I still love this story. I don't comment on it much, but I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Posted Dec 22, '08 at 9:48am

Strop

Strop

11,094 posts

Figments were creations, non-beings created by Gamers. Gamers were visitors to Armor Games. Armors were the indigenous inhabitants of the world. Interaction with Figments by Gamers was mostly forbidden, especially if the Gamer was the creator of the Figment.

I didn't know that but it sure as heck would go a long way towards explaining why Strop is so concerned about the motivations behind the MWT :P

I may wish to ask you (Gantic) about adopting some of these rationales (and not-so-rational schema) in my own fictional portrayals but if you prefer to keep them separate that's cool too.

Posted Dec 22, '08 at 8:09pm

Gantic

Gantic

11,368 posts

Administrator

This next entry will be utterly lame, but I digress...

I still love this story. I don't comment on it much, but I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Well, it doesn't matter if there are no comments. Someone must be reading it since the views go up.

I may wish to ask you (Gantic) about adopting some of these rationales (and not-so-rational schema) in my own fictional portrayals but if you prefer to keep them separate that's cool too.

Sure.

Of Course, Of Course

The Bullman had hid inside the horsecraft and had Stallion Man cover it inconspicuous foliage that was known to spring up spontaneously in the Imaginarium, even out of the snow. Stallion Man returned to the guild to turn in for the night, but there was an uproar over the new billboard posting: "Judging postponed... still." It was nearly a week since judging was originally due. Now, it seemed likely that the current contest would be postponed as well or at least both contest would be judged together, which everyone feared would cause mismatched confusion. This confusion was intermingled with that of the newest entry entitled "Halloween".
"I don't get it."
"How is that a math joke?"
Stallion Man glanced over the entry. It looked like a family of red ghosts, judging by the title, but what did the title mean? Or maybe it wasn't ghosts, but it certainly looked like a family.
"I am appalled by the lack of nerds here who have heard the joke!" said a shadowy rabbity figure. "Oct 31 equals Dec 25, you ten-digit Neanderthals!" He threw up his four-fingered paw-hands in disbelief and turned away.
As the rabbit man left, Stallion Man hoped that the rest of the inhabitants of Armor Game City were more normal by Armor Games standards. He would wait until the previous contest was judged, although it looked like the Bullman would be stuck out in the cold for a few days. He was tough. He could handle it.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 10:54am

Strop

Strop

11,094 posts

I am too tired to think in anything other than base 10 right now :P

But hey, the art contest has been judged, darn it!

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 10:55am

Strop

Strop

11,094 posts

WAIT I JUST GOT IT.

Har har har very funny. Seriously, I'm better at hexadecimal.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 11:32am

raigeki

raigeki

730 posts

very funny! this is quite good to read when i am bored.

Posted Dec 23, '08 at 9:00pm

Gantic

Gantic

11,368 posts

Administrator

Hex jokes are for the programmers.

"Bored" "on Armor Games" is an oxymoron.

The next part is, um, delayed until further notice. It will be up tomorrow, most likely.