ForumsArt, Music, and WritingI need Art Help

12 3575
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, I want to know a way I could draw a picture on a Paper then like scan it into my computer, do I use a printer for it? For example, I drew a picture, but I want to color it and shade it on GIMP, how could I copy it into my Computer?

• 12 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

You can get a digital camera, take a picture and upload it, or if you have a scanner you can scan it.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm, I can't find my camera, And other way?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I'm guessing you don't have a scanner, I don't know any other way.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Ah! Well, I don't know... Many something Would pop up.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

If your printer has a big flap on top of it with a see through glass thing sortoff than it has a scanner. :<

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Though those are actually known as Multi Function Centers.

This generally also requires the appropriate drivers and software.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Are they? I know them as all-in-one printers or three-in-one printers, but that might just be marketing. But if you buy the hardware it already comes with the software and the USB makes things easy.

Camera phone + Email/Internet is a quick way to get things to the computer, but it's not that great a quality.

The Path Tool in GIMP is useful for tracing out an outline if you can't get something from paper to the computer.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I think you need a scanner... or a camera (which sucks btw)...

*opens up scanner* yep, one of these will help... Hey! That's where I left my MWT entry!

You could ask if any of your friends have a scanner you could use, see if there is a building nearby (libary for instance) that you could scan at. Getting a tablet would definately work too.

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

no scanner or no camera? then you cannot put youre thing in a pc.

Jeronimo
Jeronimo
53 posts
Nomad

dont use your camera that really sucks.... try find a scanner @ friends, @ school or @ a libary

there are alwease some scanners there, and then just mail it to yourself and open it @ home !

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Bawagi
Bawagi
63 posts
Nomad

Sometimes Officemax has scanners and they will scan it for you.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Often a good camera will do. If you need it for displaying your art, a scanner should be what you need (free scans at schools, libraries and some photo shops as mentioned), but if you want to use the drawing as base for digital colours and lines, a camera's image will be enough.

Showing 1-12 of 12