ForumsSupport ForumLess points?

20 3579
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Have you noticed? You get more points for talking to your friend (the comment board) than going to the forums. But the forum posts tend to be longer and harder to make. Why do you get more points for chatting with a friend than helping Armorgames by posting good suggestions? I think they should swap the points value.

• 20 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Think about it this way... What do you achieve by gaining points here?
AP. Nothing more, nothing less. Maybe some fame amongst a group of gamers online if you are active enough. Maybe some attention if you rise high enough. Is it honestly worth anything?
Sure, the armatars and ranks are nice little achievements, but you can't use them for much. Just be patient and active, then it will all come to you.

If we gained AP faster we would need higher ranks sooner and then people would start complaining about not being able to get to those fast. Impatient ones will never be satisfied.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Well I have never figured it out, but who really cares about how much AP you get anyway, I don't.

Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

we should set it down to 10,000 but we should make something special for the people worked hard for their efforts.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

people would spam the forums and make it hard on the rest of us.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Read what everyone wrote here.

people would spam the forums and make it hard on the rest of us.

No, because if a person spams on the forum it will turn up at the top of the list. It would be hard to cover your spam up in the forums(remember that priest guy? Guess how they found him so quickly.)

Yeah let them, if they do we will delete the comments instead of waiting for the mods to delete them.

Yeah, always delete those spammy posts on your about. But if someone wrote a really bad thing to you(bad words, making fun of, abusing) Shouldn't you report it? Otherwise the mods would never be able to find those cyber bullies.

I'd always love if profile comments were 0 AP, or at least 1 AP.
But they save AP encourages activeness, and I can't argue about that...

Your right, many stay here for the points. If profile comments were 0, there would be a lot less spammers in the world, but also less users to talk to too(strange, "to too&quot.

I won't give up forum posting.

And you want to know why? Because our friend Firetail likes forum Posting, just like everyone else in this place who posted in the forums. They spend time giving valuable info to newbies and discussing things that have to be cleared up. Instead of going around to random people and spamming on their profile.

Perhaps mods should go through user profiles as well as game comments and delete spam there too. Or maybe people need to do their "civic duty" and clear out their pages and pages of comments that really don't mean anything anymore.

Civic duties? Good joke... People should occasionally clean up their comments simply because "why do we need these old conversations with a friend?". Keep ones that may be useful to you or others though. Like the answer to a question you asked Carlie.

i think we should get more it's kind of hard to get in the "10,000"

Let this set your mind at ease:

Well I have never figured it out, but who really cares about how much AP you get anyway, I don't.

Who cares about AP? What matters is the spam bit. People spam for AP, and they're the cause of the problem.

What you're all saying makes good sense. People spam for AP, that's why we have a lot of users that we don't like. It is very hard to get a lot of points without spamming, that's why loads of people just leave.
Showing 16-20 of 20