ForumsSupport ForumSubscribe to Game Makers?

25 4299
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't think many would want this, but i think we should be able to somehow subscribe to our best game creators and whenever a new game comes out(or they update the version) we would receive a comment from -host- or anyone or something. Some sort of alert.

You see what i mean?

Juanã

• 25 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Are you talking about them sending you an email whenever they make a new game? Well, why can't you just get on AG and check all the new games. Ohh I see how this can help; maybe if you were gone a long time and you just wanted to check up on all your favorite game makers. I think this would be a pretty good feature although I would probably never use it since I'm on everyday.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No not them. Imagine Conartists commenting hundreds of people. No i mean a auto-comment made by itself informing you when a new version comes out. Or updates form the creator.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Well why couldn't you just check the homepage if you're already on AG. What do you mean by updates?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes kind of what mrtim said but when they update the version of a game.

Last Stand has some glitches. It's (Imagine version 3.12) then they update it and it has less bugs and glitches. You get the point?

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Ohh I guess, but it would only benefit if you just wanted to see updates. You could see all the new games from the homepage. I say no to this because you can always type armorgames at the top and then just check the homepage.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

It seems you don't get it.

Ok lets say "The last stand is not on the homepage." and it updates the version and has less glitches. If someone could alert us and tell us we could play it and enjoy it more.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Yes I do get it, I said it in my last post.

Ohh I guess, but it would only benefit if you just wanted to see updates.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

And many people(believe me many) would like to see updates. That way they could have less glitches and play better.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Sounds sort of like a watcher feature from an artsite. Which is why I like this idea so much.
So... You "watch" a game developer, and every time he/she uploads or re-uploads a game, you get this little notifier... Since AG doesn't have PMs, I recon it would work best with email...
I definitely approve of this idea, though it is a relatively small amount of developers that create enough for this to be really useful~

Still. *stamps it with a mazzelh seal of approval*

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ha! Thanks! You cleared by doubts of where the notifier should go to.

madgamer012
madgamer012
729 posts
Nomad

Since AG doesn't have PMs, I recon it would work best with email...

Yup.

To anyone who still doesn't get it, the game creator would type up a message and have the AG bot send it to all subscribed people. This reminds of the youtube subscribing system for some reason.
BUT if it was by a bot on AG that sent comments to you profile then there might be some people trying to imitate the bots, but i highly doubt that bots would even do things on AG like that, i slightly doubt the e-mail bot thing, and i doubt AG will even make a subscribe feature, but i really hope they do.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Also not all new games comes to the homepage, so this idea could be useful for those games

Why is this? If it's new shouldn't it go there, or am I missing something.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think...this idea fails.

Here's why:

Whenever a new game comes out, just simply click it to see if it is a game from a creator that you like. Simple as that.

We do not need to waste the site programmers time and energy making a feature like this, when it would be practically useless.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Whenever a new game comes out, just simply click it to see if it is a game from a creator that you like. Simple as that.
People who don't come online every day often miss out on the new games. A feature like this would simply make things easier for them.
We do not need to waste the site programmers time and energy making a feature like this, when it would be practically useless.
What is useless to one may not be it to another.

@Flippin:
Some of the new games gets taken off the front page if their rating isn't high enough. To keep the quality of the games on the front page high, to improve the experience for random visitors.
At least I think that's how it works.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't mean new games for gods sake! I mean when the creator updated the version of a game!

Showing 1-15 of 25