ForumsSupport ForumForum Finder

5 2156
SomeKidSoDealWithIt
SomeKidSoDealWithIt
118 posts
Nomad

I keep looking for a thread in the AG community, but I keep having to go back through all the pages to find the thread. I think there should be a thread finder here.

• 5 Replies
KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

well it depends why u want to find a thread

KingCheetah
KingCheetah
270 posts
Nomad

There used to be a forum search, but it was taken out due to a glitch, so it will never come back.

well cant they fix the glitch?
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

MrTim said that the forum search was taken out because of a glitch. This glitch was that if you were to type in a keyword, threads that didn't even have that keyword would appear in the search, so it wasn't very reliable. If you are looking for a thread that's buried in pages, chances are that the thread is dead. I believe that if Shpigford tried again, he could fix it to where only the thread's key words would be scanned in the search.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I said:

1) This has been suggested multiple times before[...]
2) ArmorGames had such a search function, but the problem with it was, that it found ALL threads that had the words you searched for in them, not just the ones relevant to your search.
3) The solution for now, is to use Google.
You do this by typing in 'armorgames' and the words you wish to search for. You might need to sift through a few pages of google results to check thoroughly, but it is still easier than searching these forums manually.

Here.

I guess I should feel really lucky about the memory my address bar has. I can just type in parts of the thread name, then it comes up...
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Question answered. Thanks for clearing all that up Zophia. = )

Showing 1-5 of 5