ForumsSupport ForumArmorgames Guide Profile

26 4213
Nomad

Ok... Here goes.

Why not have an automated profile that is automatically added to new users, and they are directed straight to this profile page right after they register?

This account would be set up by mods, administrators, and the occasional user who can come up with something good to put in it. This profile would sort of be like Tom on Myspace.

Does this make sense?

• 26 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ha i love it! But how about putting a automatic guide like the one i made a while back. That way they will be twice as informed.

But i still like it!

Nomad

Yeah it could be like I guide.

I just figured it would be better as a profile because it would be their first friend. You know, warming them up to the site.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

If you're talking about a default profile given to new members with a list of things to remember, then I like it too! =)

Or, if you mean a page that automatically directs new members to the rules and guidelines, plus useful information, then that works too! I like this idea, it's not very often I get to say that too!

Nomad

Yes it's a default profile, that they automatically get directed to after registering. So yes, it is both of those ShintetsuWA. Lol.

And thanks!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I just figured it would be better as a profile because it would be their first friend. You know, warming them up to the site.

Ha like Myspace. Yes if we had your and my idea, then it would be awesome. If it would automatically take you, it would be better.
Nomad

Yes like myspace, but so much that we are copying. :-D

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well kid of but it's a little copy thing. So yeah i like this idea nuff said.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i say make them take a mini test about the rules, people might just automatically click community rather than read the profile

Nomad

@ Graham

Yeah but there is a better chance they see the rules and stuff than how it is right now.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Would all of the moderators have the password to get into it to awnser questions, or would the comments be locked...

Nomad

Well I would assume there wouldn't be comments. Since everything should be explained. But maybe if they wanna have comments, have it so it directs comments to any online mod, and if no mod is online it would direct as soon as one logs on or something.

Idk it could get complicated, but very beneficial.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yes it's a default profile, that they automatically get directed to after registering. So yes, it is both of those ShintetsuWA. Lol.

Well...if it's going to be a profile... then anyone could make a separate account specifically to help the new members. It would contain every thread of every subject inside of its about page, and the sole person who owns that account is able to moderate the comments as they see fit. Its an ingenious idea that doesn't require Shpigford (sorry dude) to work on! XD
Nomad

Yes! However it could be a special profile, that wouldn't be the same a sense of everyone else. You know what I mean?

Therefore we may require the services of Shpigford.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

...No, I don't know what you mean XD

Why should this profile be any different, since there are helpful profiles that must be the same as well? I guess there can be a special code for the new members to be directed to the profile, but it doesn't need to be special.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

yeah, but if you didn't understand sometihng, it would be easyier for a noob to just ask there. If we bounce them over to a mod, they might get confused. i think that we should make one of these...

P.S. By WE, I really ment YOU. lol Just get every thing down, show it to a mod have them help you and BAM! Then talk to shpigford to have it auotmaticaly added to people when they join.

Showing 1-15 of 26