ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe AG Video Blog

44 7725
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Tomorrow I will record my first video on my new AG video blog. That's right, I'm showing my face for the first time to show off AG, help out new users, and express my opinions on news pertaining to AG and the world.
Feel free to post commentary and/or ideas for videos here!!!

My YouTube Channel
Please subscribe to my channel. Every AG member should!!!

• 44 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

User created media... That's true. Hm...
I agree that videos can definitely count as art, but taking a blog that way isn't... It just doesn't fit my perception of art. I'll keep quiet, though~
Animation is a lot different than movies, though...

Oh, never mind. Will be interesting to see what you come up with in the future, Agent~

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Animation is a lot different than movies, though...

If you are using flash then it is,but back before computers were used for animation,they were played in the same way.Thousands of images flashing against a screen all at once.Also a blog with text would be considered writing,so why is it so different with a video blog?Also didn't you support the photography contest(thousands of pictures makes videos)so once again I really don't see how its a problem.(debates are quite fun)
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It's still images flashing past like that... Why do you think there's fps counts in flash... But recording a video and constructing an animation is two different processes...

I am not saying there is a problem. I'm just saying, personally, I do not consider blogs art. Unless they are in a drawn form, but then it's still not the blogging that I'd consider the art.

And I do support the photography contest idea, but there is a very big difference between taking pictures or recording videos the artistic way, as opposed to the chronicling way.

But still, I don't see a problem... If you guys think a video blog is suitable to be in this section, I won't argue any further with that.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, it said writing, and this blog is basically me taking what I type on AG and videotaping it...

But I have lots of help for noobs planned in the near future.

I will tape another tomorrow(I can't guarantee it will be up). To all you noobs, I have guides for you!!!

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

could maybe add some animation using flash

Ex. AG logo bouncing around your head

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj146/grahaam/faceAGlogo.jpg

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I dunno...
I don't have the stuff on my comp to do that...
for now it will just stay monologues.

A vid about spam will be coming tomorrow!!!

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I'm just amused to see your face.
I'm always amused when I see the face of someone I only know from text based communication.

Yeah. I totally agree, I've seen a bunch of AG'ers faces and its always funny to think about the fact that I have known them for a while yet never seen their face. THEN I PICTURE THEM POSTING!
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Yeah. I totally agree, I've seen a bunch of AG'ers faces and its always funny to think about the fact that I have known them for a while yet never seen their face. THEN I PICTURE THEM POSTING!

lol, you see them typing on their computer? Seems like a boring sitcom my /b/lover hetero-sexual friend.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Sorry, guys...
I can't post another vid today.
the cold that was creeping up on me yesterday finally struck with full force today.

Unless you want to see me coughing up mucous, I have to postpone the vid until Friday.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

sorry to say it, but that would actually be a bit entertaining XDDDD.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

No, I really don't want to make this any worse...
But I asked dreiyas if he could maybe make a vid in my absence.

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

nice video blog!

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I've planned out a miniseries titled, "the Newcomer's Guide to AG".

My next vid will be part 1, and it will be all about spam.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

While I like this idea, this shouldn't go in this forum, or the Tavern. Shouldn't this be put in the newcomers' forum?

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, this isn't all about noobs, so it shouldn't go into the newcomer's forum. And the discussion has already finished about moving it to the tavern.

Showing 16-30 of 44