ForumsSupport ForumNew way to find users.

11 2367
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Ok so you now how in the main page of AG it says games and right by it it says find games.
Well here is my awesomely awsome idea how about adding a section that says user and instead of it saying find game it would say search for user and you just type in the user.
i have no clue if this has been sugested but i think that this would be usefull for people to find other people. i hope the mods. see this cause i like the idea so what do you guys think about it?

• 11 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

It has been suggested before, Havn't seen any cons about this but one question.How would this help people? My small answer is maybe you see a profile then remember the name but don't add?

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Well when one person invites another friend wich happens all the time it would be usefull if the person could just give them the username and as soon as the user makes a account he can go to his friends acount without going threw like a billion of comments just to find him.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

That's a good cause, I hope it gets here so many people don't get frustrated.

stonester
stonester
120 posts
Nomad

we should have a thing on the top of the thing right next to community and its a box like search for games well we should have a little box like that but only it sead search for user because that would be way easyer because we could just type in that users name it would be like takin candy from a baby (joke) but or we could just stay the same and its like takin candy from a giant (joke) but thats rilly the way to go you can do that on myspace so just like that because that way is easyer just think just type in there name and there it is there profile i should be like that because users can get around much much easyer so if i were you i would defintly add that to AG like i sead people around here would get around here alot easer because that is much easer and much quicker also people could make much more friends that way and i would like that a lot because it is way easer when i first went on this sight i that you could do that but when i relised that you cant i that that was kinda dum thats why im clad that theres a thread on this i hope you put that in!

russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

Perfect that is exactly what i ment LOL and no offence but that is a long run on sentence LOL but still everybody gets the point.

That's a good cause, I hope it gets here so many people don't get frustrated.

Thank you i thought you would fined many reasons against me but you agreed that works for me.
darkd00m
darkd00m
505 posts
Nomad

It's a good idea, but you would have to type the username accurete to find it.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Just type it in google works all the tome but you would have to type howlett armorgames or armorgames howlett obviously where it says howlett you but the user your searching for.So I see no need for this idea.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Come on russianfreak. This idea is the same as the ones already suggested. It's like you're duplicating threads. You know it will gltich the site and it will take a lot of work. In my opinion, it's a waste of time.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Just use the link

http://armorgames.com/user/___________

Fill in the blank spot with the username, and hit enter, and you'll instantly get transported to their profile.

If you wanted to find someone, figure out their username first.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Google search

site:armorgames.com/user/ *keywords here*

Goggle is always more convenient.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

There are many easier ways to do this as stated (: