ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHow do you sit when you draw?

34 6365
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Somewhat fail title...
Anyway, I was having this conversation with a few friends of mine, because they were confused with my habit of drawing in all sorts of weird poses... I don't have on preferred way of sitting/lying when I draw, but it got me curious about how others work...

So... How do you sit when you draw? Either just reply, or make a scribble of it!

Like this, for instance:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Welcome.jpg
I was lying like that while drawing it. If you'd walked into my room, that's pretty much what you would have seen...

• 34 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

By the way, I'm flicking off the computer haha.
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Estel_03/Ihatecomputer.jpg

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

How do you sit when you draw?

Well, I sit...
shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

i sit on the floor with my hand on a wall,and placing my leg above it.
the other lake of mine would then be pointed 90 degrees upward with my other hand supporting it.
then i put a pencil into my mouth and start drawing.

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

Who chills when they draw?

Me...

Sometimes i draw with a foot in air... tapping 2 musix...
Sometime i concentrate...
Same wif mouse
deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

It's either sitting on the bed, doing some weird yoga-thing with my legs and with my drawing block in my lap... pencil and eraser next to me, sitting at my desk hunched/crunched over (and often resulting in back pains, unfortunately) or on a chair with the drawing block on my legs...

I much prefer the first or last ones though. Just a tad more shaky, but definately more comfortable than the second position.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I always draw at midnight, in my bed. Everyday I wake up with a pencil in my hand. :3

stonester
stonester
120 posts
Nomad

like your sitting right now with my chair on 2 legs!

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

I draw on a chair,cramped up upon my sheet.
There's like ten centimeters that separates me from my sheet,my friends tell me I'll worsten my vision by working this way but I can't help it
My pencil arsenal for shadowing and fading next to me,along with my eraser.I bought myself little pieces of sand paper especially made for drawers,they're convenient when sharpening a pencil to it's limit (Like you could kill with it XD)

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

[quote=Zega]I always draw at midnight, in my bed. Everyday I wake up with a pencil in my hand. :3[/quote]
Hehe, that's not a bad way to wake up! I'd just be afraid I'd poke an eye out, though... Aren't you a bit scared about that?

kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

I sometimes draw lying down on the bed and sometimes sitting on a chair while 1 elbow is to the chair.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I just sit normally...

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

i don't usually sit. i may lie down or cross seat. i am not comfortably draw sitting.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

i dont draw on paper, i draw on the cp

Showing 16-30 of 34