ForumsSupport ForumLonger friends list

31 4545
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

What I mean by a LONGER FRIENDS LIST is that...
all your friends would be on your ABOUT page.Instead of clicking ALL FRIENDS each and every time you want to talk to a new friend.

What you think?

• 31 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

What do you mean going into nowere?

I think he means if you have an incredibly long list of friends the 3/4 things would give you a long ole' list of friends on the About page, hence extending the page all the way down for all the friends, I thinks.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Like if you were me, I have about 50 (i must've counted wrong, doesn't seem like it, I've turned into one of those people who count friends oh no!) friends. Thats 5 times the friends that are currently shown on your page. Where would they be listed? Isn't your profile kinda cramped?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

He's probably saying it won't fit.

And that is where a scroll could come in, but at the same time you would still have to worry about lagged load time.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I guess this idea just won't work.

Here's the solution:

Take 5 more seconds to click the button and for it to load. Problem solved. Lag not involved.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Ok, look. The site will not be slower, it would be your page in general. AG knew beforehand that users will eventually get a lot of friends, so that's why they posted your entire friends list on a separate page, instead of your profile directly. That's why by default, there is a link to that page, so you can look at your entire list. Why did they do this? Because having an entire page of information crammed into another page would just slow it down dramatically. You have the images of your friends, the links to their pages... it would be worse than 20 Free Rider II maps crammed into an About Page!

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

Take 5 more seconds to click the button and for it to load. Problem solved. Lag not involved.

Not always 5 seconds though somtimes alot longer depending on you cont.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Another solution.

Link all your friends on your About page so you don't have to go to the friends list.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Link all your friends on your About page so you don't have to go to the friends list.

That might take a while if you have a long friends list.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

There's a link to a separate page where your entire list is?
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

That might take a while if you have a long friends list.

You wouldn't have that problem huh? =D =D =D =D

Anyway I believe the only solution to this problem is this;
BEHOLD! IT IS GENIUS!
We create a separate page containing all of our friends that can be found on our About Page for quick access. It will contain all our friend's names and Armatar, including the option to delete them for even more convenient access. Also, to show off that we have friends, 5 friends will be displayed on our About Page for show, the link to the rest will be displayed below.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Zomg, that's a GREAT idea! I can't believe I didn't think of that! This is so much quicker than the other ideas, and .... oh yeah, nevermind; its already there

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

oh yeah, nevermind; its already there

SHHHHHHHHSSSzzzzz, teh pplz must nt no htat! Teh publiks musst b lyyed two!!!
Zomg, that's a GREAT idea!

*bows* Thank You! Thank You! I try my best...
^^
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, look. The site will not be slower, it would be your page in general.

Not necessarily. Sometimes we add one little feature, and it lags the site just enough that we have to remove it. The search feature for example, and the 'Last Visited' thing. Just adding a small amount of lag on each page can add up to a LOT of lag overall.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, those kinds are exceptions. Friends lists don't constantly receive information.

If I put 15 10ft free rider II maps on my about (please don't), then only my page would get affected by the many, many kilobytes of storage. It will not affect the rest of the site, only when users choose to look on my profile. Since users are able to have a thousand friends, like we've explained, there is a separate page for he/she to look through.

Jamzzy88
Jamzzy88
113 posts
Nomad

I agree, if we have a ton of lag like Carlie said, then AG will be a lot less fun, and games could lag while you played them. Besides, the "longer friends list" arguement is clearly losing.

Showing 16-30 of 31