ForumsSupport Forumdaily limit of Armor Points?

22 3479
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

I think there should be a limit to how many AP you get daily,to prevent spam

post your opinion.

• 22 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

What would this limit be?

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

limiting AP when you post,comment or rate like uhm... 300 ap a day? you can still post and so on but no ap

_S_K_E_
_S_K_E_
731 posts
Nomad

I think about 200-400, 400 is for merit makers and 200 is for posters.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

what do you mean? 0_o
Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

well I've gotten up to 500AP but that doesn't mean that someone is capable of getting Higher. I would say 250-550.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I think that 300 a day is a reasonable amount.

I don't think that "Merit makers" get 20 merits a day, haha.
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well I've gotten up to 500AP but that doesn't mean that someone is capable of getting Higher. I would say 250-550.

well a user said on another thread that he gained more than a 1,000 in a day
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'm pretty sure this have been suggested before. But I can't find the old thread...

Honestly, this seems a bit unfair. Just because some people have time to make 100 forum posts and 100 comments in a day, why should they not be able to gain points...?

The con for this idea, is of course that it would discourage spammers.

But... I have earned 150 AP in one hour, by replying to a heavy load of profile comments. This happens rarely, but... I dunno, I'm really meh about this idea...

What would happen once those AP were earned? Would they not be able to post anymore for the day?

If you care enough about AP to care whether a few people who spend all their time on AG earning points gets those points, you care a little bit too much... It's just points. And spammers will be punished eventually.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well, it's just a way to prevent spam.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

well a user said on another thread that he gained more than a 1,000 in a day

Holy....Crap! How much is really enough?
Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

well, it's just a way to prevent spam.

Someone might go the limit and spam.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

That doesn't stop spammers. That stops people from getting points. Plus there's no way to program this to not be a pain. What's it going to do? Sorry, you cannot post anymore comments. You have reached your daily limit of Armor Points. Or perhaps a mod tries to merit a comment or what will happen when a user reached 276 and a mod tries to merit a comment. Sorry, you cannot perform this action. This user has reached the daily limit of Armor Points.

Additionally, what would be the point of ranks/highscore? Everyone would shift upward by the same amount if they were on frequently enough, spammers and all. It might even encourage people to spam a little bit more to ensure they keep ahead and keep a ide margin, since I'm pretty sure the top ten don't go up by more than about 100 AP a day.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

That doesn't stop spammers. That stops people from getting points. Plus there's no way to program this to not be a pain. What's it going to do? Sorry, you cannot post anymore comments. You have reached your daily limit of Armor Points. Or perhaps a mod tries to merit a comment or what will happen when a user reached 276 and a mod tries to merit a comment. Sorry, you cannot perform this action. This user has reached the daily limit of Armor Points.

well you can still post, but no ap, and maybe merit can be allowed out of the ap limit, and the maybe the mod's can have no ap limit
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

If you could still post but wouldn't gain anything from it, the whole idea of having a post count gets sort of ruined.

Besides discouraging those who really wanna get on the scoreboard and have tons of AP, I don't see anything good in this... Just programming trouble.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Like Zophia said, It would be unfair. Those who want to get alot of AP and be recognized by others would be realy low in the ranks.There are the Mods,Admin, and then there is the AG staff. That is about 10 People or even more, but that would also mean that All of our points would be cut in half if the AG Crew where the highest in points. Some of the AG crew are as low as a Squire.

Showing 1-15 of 22