ForumsSupport Forumdaily limit of Armor Points?

22 3480
miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

I think there should be a limit to how many AP you get daily,to prevent spam

post your opinion.

• 22 Replies
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

No way this is like the worst idea ever sometimes i can be on AG all day and get over 800 ap so that would just suck.

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I have got 50 at the most in one day but I think that you are punishing the honest people who go on the site. If you want to stop spamming the only way is to punish them directly and not everyone on the site. But that is only my opinion.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Depends really you should be able to rate 10 games a day, 100 comments, any amount of merits and any amount of forum posts.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

The con for this idea, is of course that it would discourage spammers

How is this a con again, Zophia? =P

The thing here is, even if you get this to work, they are still going to spam the same rate as they've always have. No idea, spammers would have 1,000 AP estimated. If the idea works, then the limit would be around 400 AP. The spammers would get up to 400, then keep going; it won't stop them from posting spam comments.

What we are doing is tackling the problem at a different angle. We need something, like we've talked about, like having the post button hidden until you post a somewhat-lengthy comment. I don't know who started the idea, but I'm following this one, and it seems to give a good start to Spam Stopping.
kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

Yes, this would be a good idea because it might stop spammers.

~kell84~

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

*wonders if kell read any of the previous responses*

@Shintetsu:
Discouraging them is always a con. Eventually they are supposed to be discouraged enough to stop. That's why deletion and ban can be taken into use as well... All it really does, is discourage them.
But I agree with you...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Seriously, why do people care about AP so much?
It doesn't do anything.
True, it makes people think your cool and all that, but really, if they want to earn 1000 AP a day, let them, it simply means they have too much time on their hands.

Although I can't say this is a bad idea ^_^

Showing 16-22 of 22