ForumsSupport ForumRecent Activity

16 2701
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I think this would be a really neat feature to have.

I think that we should have a recent activity feature that we would be allowed to turn off and on. It would show the profiles that we have commented on, the threads that we reply to, when we earn merits, pretty much everything we do. This would also fill up the empty space on the left side of our profile. Here's a screenshot of what it would look like.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/flippin3500/RecentActivity.jpg

What do you guys think?

• 16 Replies
russianfreak
russianfreak
1,843 posts
Farmer

I think that this might be a good idea it would be usefull but i think that it might take a lot of space wich is not good but at the same time i guess that we can live with a little slower site. I mean seriously we never get anything done on this site i am here for like 2 months and nothing changed so i am saying that this is a good idea.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well, what good would it do?

maybe it can also say "this user has just spammed on recent activity thread" so it'll much useful to the mod's jkjkjk

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I like the idea I would say but is it really needed?

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I don't think this would help as it would create alot of lag as every profile would need to be updated constantly. Maybe if there was something added to the side like Todays Activity and then it had a total like on the AP section. But your idea would create a whole lot of lag.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Maybe we can set this to show to everyone else in our control panel.

I said at the top that you could turn it off and on. Is that what you are talking about?
kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

This is a good idea. I like it and if you want to find something you written you can find it.

~kell84~

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Very original idea. It does not generate spam, and it does help stop some spam, such as "Dude, did you earn a merit?"
This would however, take a lot of coding. This isn't at the top of our priorities at the moment though.
I do like the idea. I don't find anything wrong with it.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I think this is a good idea...basically pointless but cool none the less xP

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

basically pointless

Not really. Knowledge is power! (Then why isn't Einstein ruler of the world...?)
Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

I think that it is a good Idea. But with all the Spamming it will probably end up Lagging.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I suppose it would take up all the wasted space on the profile page. But it would slow the site down considerably. Nice idea though. I wouldn't mind a slower site if it is a good idea.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe only mods would be able to access this feature for spam uses.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Maybe only mods would be able to access this feature for spam uses.

Maybye they already have that feature, who knows what powers the mods hold?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, if they have, none of us know about it yet, and I don't think mods would keep that kind of a secret away from us. They could use it to put spammers on hold.

Every username could also be a link for easier access to their rpfoile.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I was thinking the same tyhing. And yet in a way this could lead to more spam, people profile hopping from page to page posting. Even if the mods could see this, they wouldn't have the time to check every single comment all the time.

Showing 1-15 of 16