ForumsSupport ForumAG points

18 4067
jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

"When moderators and admins say don't spam just for AG points." What in life is AG points going to accomplish?

• 18 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

They don't accomplish nothing.

I really don't know what the fuss is about AP anymore.

I mean, like, when I first started on AG, I'm like
"Dude, wouldn't it be awesome to be #1? Or even the top 100?"

And then I'm like

"AP is awesome! It's so fun to earn!"

AP can be very addicting, but I still have yet to find the reason.

jond
jond
267 posts
Nomad

@vicer

You can just press the link next to your armatar

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

I just get AP so people will recognize me and ask me to help them.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Actually, the mods say "Don't ppam at all!." We just see AP as the reason of why people do spam.

Although that doesn't seem to be true since you spammed(2 of the same threads!?) and you don't care about AP.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

That's the second double topic today. I tend to delete the clone...

AP (Armor Points, or AG points...) does not accomplish anything, other than a place on the leaderboard if you have enough, and unlocks armatars... Ranks are not unlocked, they just display the amount of AP you have earned.
Why people care so much, I really don't know...

AP can be very addicting, but I still have yet to find the reason.
It's a psychological mystery. The same feeling of achieving something that comes from earning a good score in a game, I guess.
It's not enough to have fun, no, you need to be rewarded for having fun... Sheez...

And don't everybody hate spam? I don't really care that they earn AP from their spam, I just hate Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages...
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Really, there is no reason that AP is "cool".

Just like smoking!
--
They unlock armatars and that's it, I really wish they would make Profile Comments 0 AP, on a subject of relation to spammers. Anyway the point of this thread since everyone's saying the same thing ver and over again?
I just hate Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages...

Which are posted by Speakers of Pickles And Milk.
*laughs hysterically at lame joke no one will probably ever get*
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I get AP without wanting to.That is just like finding out the true meaning of Christmas.

And they say don't post for sake of AP because when you do that, it is called "Spamming" and it doesnt NOT contribute to the site.

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

I get it because I want some cool Armatars.

Dicken
Dicken
24 posts
Nomad

You get AP when you communicate on ArmorGames.. what about that? The Spammers are some nerds that wanna be nr.1 in the Internet! yaaay

Muddle
Muddle
104 posts
Nomad

I think AP is just a nice little side affect to helping others, and can really make someone look up to you because you are clearly a helpful person - as visible by the amount of AP. So although it seems as if it has no meaning, i think it has a lot of hidden meaning which you have to look deep to see

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

You're right Muddle.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think AP is just a nice little side affect to helping others, and can really make someone look up to you because you are clearly a helpful person - as visible by the amount of AP. So although it seems as if it has no meaning, i think it has a lot of hidden meaning which you have to look deep to see

Well, sometimes just because you have a huge amount of AP, it doesn't generally mean all of it came from being helpful. Not everybody is a helpful person...

You know all about spam and those kind of stuff.
But I agree with you that it's a nice little side effect.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

AP is here because the staff needed something for people to become attached to Armor Games. If AP wasn't here, and was just a place for games and forums, would there be the same number of people here as there are now? Probably not. Each and every one of you have been attracted to AP before, even if you are anti-spam crusaders now. It just takes a while for us to figure out that spam is just untidy, lazy, and unaccomplishing. When that time comes (it varies. Some people still spam, and they are gold kings), they will slowly become more mature and more fun to AG, while hunting those pesky...er, pests.

What I'm getting at is, without AP, there wouldn't be as much advertising on AG. I'd hate to make an example, but KG has achievements, levels, and so on. Would it be the same without? No ; these sites need a little incentive to get attention from people.

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

well I admit I come here to earn more ap and to be known here at AG, just don't know why =P

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

They don't accomplish nothing.

Firetail, this is a double negative!

And don't everybody hate spam

A double negative from Zophia too! People, look what you write before hitting the "Post your reply" button.

I mean, like, when I first started on AG, I'm like
"Dude, wouldn't it be awesome to be #1? Or even the top 100?"

I too, really liked the idea of points when I first found Kongregate. The same happened when I found Armorgames. AP is cool. Like Zophia suggests, AP basically triggers a psychological idea of you achieving something. When I look at my AP, I think that I have achieved a great thing, even though it's actually nothing but a virtual points counter.

AP is as addicting as computer games for some (Like me). Plus it has the benefit of getting new armatars for us. That's the only thing I care about AP: it allows you to get new armatars.
Showing 1-15 of 18