Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

GUIDE: Psychological

Posted Jan 9, '09 at 12:26am

transitive

transitive

22 posts

@robbie: thanks, i'm glad you like the guide. however, pictures wouldn't make it better, they would just make it prettier. all of the information content of the guide can be communicated just fine in text format. and as mentioned there's no edit button anyway.

@kererr: sounds like a bug. post it in the glitch forum.

@spearthrower: i've posted a pretty detailed guide to the Baron in this thread, on the first page of this thread actually. please read it.

Posted Jan 9, '09 at 12:32am

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

It wasn't a bug, he didn't realize that Electric Storm required Shock Therapy and the other move first ROFL

Posted Jan 9, '09 at 4:23pm

Lunasol

Lunasol

1 post

my characters are all lvl 30 and my Sonny has:
660 instict
128 speed
141 vitality
and 5.5k shock therapy crits and 5.1 k electical storm crits unbuffed and 9.4 k shock therapy crits buffed
BTW dont spec lightning piercing spec all instict as a tip.

Posted Jan 9, '09 at 5:37pm

transitive

transitive

22 posts

what buff are you using that increases your damage by that much?

also, without sufficient Speed and Lightning Piercing your crit percentage will be pretty low. there's a sweet spot that balanced an adequate amount of speed/piercing with Instinct that results in a much higher damage output than just Instinct.

Posted Jan 9, '09 at 5:52pm

moopling

moopling

3 posts

Just in case anyone is interested I've figured out how to use ultimatum effectivly now...
I answered my own question by experimentation and (i think) that freewills shield stops appearing if it is broken while the buff is active BUT it resets the damage each time you recast it (although I still need to check if you have to wait for the buff to end first and then recast or just recasting is good enough).

As i have already said casting ultimatum reduces damage to you shield. Basicly if you cast ultimatum and then freewill, most of the damage to your shield will be the 10% health decay. If you keep your vitality low then this is really small.

I currently have ~ 500 instint and 100 vitality. This shields me from 2500 damage over 5 turns and I recieve around 300-200 per turn from ultimatum. that  means that if you recieve less than 1000 damage over those 5 turns your shields won't break and you can recast them again and again.

1000 damage doesn't sound like a lot but as ultimatum prevents 95% of damage that equates to 20k or 4k per turn. You are unlikly to recieve that much damage EACH turn but it is still possible. That said as a level 23 my shield didn't break agaist the final boss.

bear in mind if you DID manage to minimize your vitatly this could realistily be up to twice as effective.

I'd like to thank transitive for his amazing guide. My build an electric build now; just with a bit of ultimatum and sacrifice (you don't need allies if you can't be healed).

I'd like to try my build out against a pure electric so if someone could kindly post their charater code...
Thanks

Posted Jan 11, '09 at 8:20am

shinn_13

shinn_13

1 post

i have a build for psycho's...

it not that good but it works...

skill pool:

1/1 wraith form
    dark infusion
4/4 dark echoes
    coruption
4/4 electrical storm
3/3 shock therapy
1/1 ultimatum (optional)
2/2 haunt (optional)

equips: no specific set of equips

patrol headset
titanium grips
wrath of the council
johnsons legacy
proxy leggings
townhall shoes

build:

all instinct

Posted Jan 11, '09 at 11:35am

tanchi820

tanchi820

1 post

Nightmare is a really nice skill, it can do 520% damage but coupled with Shock Therapy, the effect of Nightmare will disappear. With Wraith form, Damage from your attacks increase and with Electrical Storm, you dont have trouble regaining focus, Traumatize comes in handy in disabling enemies and regaining cooldowns. I maxed Tenacity so I could put more points on Instinct and Charged Blood so my Electric Attacks would deal critical damage.

Here are my skills

Shock Therapy x 2
Nightmare x 1
Electrical Storm x 2
Wraith Form x 1
Traumatize x 2

ALL MAXED

Posted Jan 11, '09 at 4:01pm

Manoasthir

Manoasthir

6 posts

It's really Use full,Thank you!

Posted Jan 11, '09 at 7:57pm

transitive

transitive

22 posts

im gonna have to go ahead and disagree with those endorsing Nightmare.

these are the problems i have with it.

1) its not an electric attack. none of your electric piercing gets applied to it so you just won't get the big crits out of it that you get from Shock Therapy.

2)it doesn't actually do 520% instinct, unless its the blow that actually kills the enemy. the maximum damage it can do is 445% instinct because the enemy will regenerate 1/7th of the damage from nightmare (75% of your instinct for a 4/4 Nightmare) before you have a chance to dispel it with Shock Therapy. they may regain more than that if you fail to dispel it next turn for some reason (Shock Therapy misses, you get stunned, etc.)

3) its a waste of ability points. you don't really get anything out of it that you couldn't already get from another damage skill. being forced to blow ability points on it doesn't make sense to me. you don't actually need a better damage skill than Shock Therapy. In fact, there just isn't a better skill than Shock Therapy which is why I recommend it in my guide.

Posted Jan 11, '09 at 11:27pm

PsychoIncarnate

PsychoIncarnate

1,055 posts

What about for Shadow Psych's.

I mean, with heavy DOT already ON the enemy, it will reduce the damage they regenerate back.

With Epiphany and (Sorry, forgot the other one) The enemy  wasn't regenerating anything but taking damage each turn.

Reply to GUIDE: Psychological

You must be logged in to post a reply!