ForumsGame WalkthroughsGUIDE: Biological

320 271246
Flamemachedi
Flamemachedi
60 posts
Nomad

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp75/flamemachedi/th_Bio-1.gif

Apparently this class is "Recommended for Beginners."Well, I think it's slightly safe to say, it is as difficult as the other two, if not a bit harder.Maybe because it has easier to understand moves, and a simpler way to train stats.Whichever, there isn't a Biological build guide , yet, and I have asked for help multiple times and received multiple answers.I've seen others struggle, as well, so I'll help out by making this for all you out there.

Overview

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp75/flamemachedi/th_untitled-3.gif

Biological class is a class that is one that is focused all around strength, speed, and vitality.You will have almost no use of Instinct in this class.

Builds

There are build using Poison, Speed, and brute strength.I'll be starting with Brutes, though.I'll add on the others soon enough.

Brute : This build has you being the main damage dealer.You are the one who rips the enemies apart.Sadly, you are not the healer of the group, and if your not careful, you'll be missing quite often.

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp75/flamemachedi/th_Killed.jpg

Attribute Points

It's simple and obvious where to put your Attribute Points.

Primary: Strength
Secondary: Vitality and Speed

By the time you beat the game, make sure your stats are close to around

Vitality:200
Strength:500
Instinct:10-20(From small bonuses in armor)
Speed: 200
Focus:100

Equipment:

Primary: Strength and Physical Piercing
Secondary: Vitality and Speed

Here's a little tip: Never ever wear things that give high instinct bonuses, because those aren't for you.Unless, and this will come up, in Zone 1 you have no gloves or helmet, you can just wear them to fill space(I mean, what harm would it do?)

Abilities

Integrity 4/4 (Passive)
Vicious Strike 1/1 (Prerequisite)
Break 2/2
Disrupt 2/2
Savagery 4/4 (Passive)
Predator Form 1/1
Slash 1/4 (Prerequisite)
Corrosion 1/4 (Prerequisite)
Envenom 1/4 (Prerequisite)
Infect 1/4 (Prerequisite)
Withdrawal 4/4
Endurance 4/4 (Passive)
Sharp Senses 4/4 (Passive)
Evolution 3/3 (Passive)

*I know some of you may favor Enrage or Animalism, but really, with your kind of power, you don't strictly need it.

Ability Pool

Now you have them ready, you can put in your moves.

1 Predator Form
1 Destroy
1 Leading Strike
1 Break
1 Withdrawal
3 Disrupt (You don't need the extra 2 if you don't want to)

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp75/flamemachedi/th_Abilities.jpg

When fighting with all those abilities, try to do this order of moves.

Predator Form
Destroy
Break
Destroy
Withdrawal
Leading Strike
If they aren't dead yet, keep using Destroy and Leading Strike until you get a Break or Withdrawal.

Zones Bosses

Zone 1 : Felicity

All you have to do is rather straightforward. Attack her with destroy, and break every chance you get to shorten how many times she attacks and giving you more attacks in. Get her to around the 800- HP, and she'll say,"You're not getting that tape!"That's when she used "Serious Business" which makes her hit 50% more and receive 50% less damage.Keep Veradux on Relentless, until someone gets hurt seriously.He's probably the main damager at that point in the game. When she gets to the 250 HP range, she'll finally give up.

Zone 2 : Captain Hunt

This boss can be pretty annoying.He has too allies, a Sniper and a Med.They both immediately put up shields that block 2500 damage. Captain Hunt isn't much a threat, but his Sniper keeps himself buffed and attacks really high if you allow him too.Make sure you kill the Sniper first, and if he puts up a buff, Break him.If Break is unavailable at the moment, use disrupt and make him only allowed to use his weaker normal attack.Once the Sniper is out of the way, attack Captain Hunt.Bring him down fast as possible.Once he reaches about 1000 HP, he'll put on his shield that shields him from 4000 damage, but stuns him.This is your chance.The Med is spending time healing Captain Hunt and Captain Hunt is stunned.Break the Med's shield fast as possible and kill him.When he's out the way.By then, Hunt should have about 2-3 left on his shield.You could either wait it out while debuffing him and getting yourself ready, or attempt to break it.When he's out, finish him off.

Zone 3 : Clemons the Deceive

This guy may be seeming super strong in the beginning, but just keep striving to kill him.Bring him down to around 1000-2000 HP, he'll transform into his true form and heal all his health, but now he will receive 200% extra damage.Keep your allies on Relentless no matter what and kill him.
*Secret: His "Unknown Condition" is really a Subversion.If he hits you , you'll receive more HP, but make sure you DO NOT HEAL YOURSELF.

Zone 4 : The Hydra

Aah this thing is such a pest.But they have a very very important weakness.And you have both.The Fire Claws are strong against fire and normal attacks, but terribly weak against Poison attacks, so finish them fast and easy.On the other hand, Hydra is stronger against poison and normal to Normal attacks, so keep a Destroy handy.

For them, you'll need to Re-Spec.If you are lvl 17+, you'll have enough points.

Get:

Toxicant Form 1/1
Acidic Blood 4/4 (Passive)
Infect 4/4
Predator Form 1/1

That all you need.Acidic Blood will shoot up your poison piercing.Turn into a Toxicant, then use Infect ro kill both Fire Claws.Then turn into a Predator and use Destroy to kill the Hydra.You could also use the extra ability points on other useful physical attacks(I suggest you make sure to get break and savagery).

http://s399.photobucket.com/albums/pp75/flamemachedi/th_poison.jpg

Once your finished with it, re spec again and get the original ability pool again.Hopefully you'll get Emerald Death.That will help you finish the game.It's an extremely powerful weapon. If you feel like it, you could fight the Hydra again to try and get it.

Zone 5 : Mayor

The Mayor has one ally, which is a Guardian Cannon.The Guardian Cannon will immediately put on a shield called "Duty" which will shield it from 3000 damage and make it heal 300 health/turn.
Put Veradux and Roald into Relentless.Turn into a Predator. They will attack the Guardian Cannon.Break the Shield for them.Then while they focus on the Cannon, you focus on killing the Mayor.Once he gets around 15000- he'll cast enrage on himself, making him deal 400% more damage, but he soon replaces it at one time later on.When the Guardian Cannon has been disposed of, and you have the Mayor down to around 10000- HP, he'll start debuffing you with Destroy Healing and Destroy Damage, which severely limit Healing and Damage you deal.He will also stun one of your team for 8 turns.When he gets under 5000 health, he'll cast Retrograde(switch damage with healing).Keep an eye on his buffs all the time.You might just end up healing him.Just put Roald and Veradux on Phalanx mode and either skip your turn or use disrupt.After that, just keep attacking and he's dead.

Other Difficult Enemies

Baron Brixius

This is a mainly defensive battle, so keep Roald and Veradux on Phalanx.
Lucky for us, Biologicals are this man's weakness.Get a 2/2 Disrupt and you can damage his focus 100 focus at a time.If you kill him Focus, he'll use an ability which will damage him 3000-4000 Each turn it is active.But he will be healing focus, also, so don't disrupt yet.You should probably break him to reduce his hits, thus reducing the times he uses his dreaded Tick-Tock attack.When he gets to around 30000- HP, he'll start having an auto debuff called Holy Scars, which amplifies his damage taken.This is when you stop using disrupt.Just keep using your attacks now.Put both of your teammates on Relentless and Destroy him!

Gregor the Cockroach

This annoying little pest always uses an attack called Roach Vitality.It heals him substantially each turn. Just keep attacking and hitting.Hopefully hie'll heal less than he deals.Once the Vitality goes off, he'll put it back up the very next turn, so Break him quickly to get extra attacks in.When he comes to, make sure you bring him to around 1000 health.He'll either full heal or use Roach Vitality.Either one, use Subversion, which will switch it.If he uses the full heal he'll die, and if he uses RV, he'll get severely injured.He'll shoot down to around 300 HP, and that's when you kill him.

Not many I could think of, but just ask me and I'll list it.

Credits

I'd like to thank those who helped me when I had troubles and asked for help.I can't recover those topics, but you know who you are.And Thank You.

Also I'd like to thank DaliuXas and Transitive, the Creators on Hydraulic In-Depth Guide and Build Guide for Psychological Class.Thanks to your topics, I had an idea of how to put together this guide.

Thanks to Krin for making this amazing game.It was a pleasure to play it.Brilliant job.

And lastly, thanks to me for spending hours making this.

• 320 Replies
PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

You can't edit here so there is no point in reserving, ROFL

Flamemachedi
Flamemachedi
60 posts
Nomad

Rightt....damn lol

Could this please be pinned?

Flamemachedi
Flamemachedi
60 posts
Nomad

Censored?Why is that censored?

Aah, whatever.

Darn

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Quite good of a guide, I'd stay, to go through all zone bosses.

It should be stickied. You'll have to have a mod go look at this.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

BTW, could you please make the speed and the poison biological guide now?

Flamemachedi
Flamemachedi
60 posts
Nomad

I'll do it in the morning.Right now celebrating the New Year.Btw Happy New Year 2009. =)

IceDrakeknight
IceDrakeknight
348 posts
Farmer

its a good guide cause i choose biological i like high melee attacks

DaliuXas
DaliuXas
71 posts
Scribe

Really good guide Flamemachedi , I enjoyed it reading and kind of got jealous , since you're grammar in this guide is way better than mines in Hydro.Nice to see people who like to help out others.Looking forward for you're other builds to come out.

P.S. Happy New Year of 2009 all!

VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

Baron Brixius

This is a mainly defensive battle, so keep Roald and Veradux on Phalanx.
Lucky for us, Biologicals are this man's weakness.Get a 2/2 Disrupt and you can damage his focus 100 focus at a time.If you kill him Focus, he'll use an ability which will damage him 3000-4000 Each turn it is active.But he will be healing focus, also, so don't disrupt yet.You should probably break him to reduce his hits, thus reducing the times he uses his dreaded Tick-Tock attack.When he gets to around 30000- HP, he'll start having an auto debuff called Holy Scars, which amplifies his damage taken.This is when you stop using disrupt.Just keep using your attacks now.Put both of your teammates on Relentless and Destroy him!

Sorry, but I have found this to be incorrect. I beat him on heroic doing nothing but disrupt and had Veradux on offensive and Roald on relentless. Full disrupt knocks out all 100 focus. He doesn't care that it'll regen, he just spends his days trying to regen, all the while being chipped away. After all, if he only cares about regen, he won't be using tick tock and even if he does, one person is enough for Veradux to keep alive.
Marison
Marison
1 posts
Peasant

Great guide! I am playing Bio myself (started Brute, respecced to Poison) and found this one very helpful.

Sharp Senses 4/4 (Passive)

But are you sure that Sharp Senses is passive?

On Level 1 the description says: "Increases your Physical Piercing and Defense by 120% for 2 turns."
PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

No, sharp senses is not passive.

GuardianAzure
GuardianAzure
6 posts
Nomad

Just went through the game for the first time as a speed/str bio. Pretty much ignored the poison aspect of the build and just stuck to physical damage. Speed was my primary focus, followed by strength, and then Vitality. Ignored instinct completely.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build guides

reswantur
reswantur
10 posts
Nomad

Speed Biological Build (Attribute: all for speed)

Ability Tree:
Vicious Strike (1/4)
Break (1/2)
Integrity (2/4)
Slash (1/4)
*Corrosion (4/4)
Envenom (1/4)
Infect (1/4)
Withdrawal (4/4)
*Savagery (4/4) or Savagery (2/4) / Disrupt (2/2)
Predator Form (1/1)
Agile Exposure (3/3)
Anethetic (1/4)
Toxicant Form (1/1)
Sharp Senses (1/4)
Shadow Blend (4/4)
Endurance (1/4)
Crystallize (3/3)

Combat Action Bar:
Leading Strike
Break
Crystallize
Corrosion / Disrupt
Toxicant Form
Shadow Blend
Agile Exposure
Withdrawal

Battle Strategy:
Break & Crystallize can control and is enough to kill most single enemy, even the best psychological build I created before because biological class (Lv30 Speed: 265) is faster than psychological class (Lv30 Speed: 241). However, it takes long time, of course.
Then, the powerful combined attack: Corrosion -> Toxicant Form -> Shadow Blend -> Agile Exposure -> Withdrawal may save some time for "Break & Crystallize" strategy.
At heroic Lv30 (Vit: 64; Str: 231; Int: 144; Spd: 461), it can do 36025 damage to Mayor (Lv24) with Savagery (4/4) (Shadow Blend + Withdrawal = 6968)*(287% + Critical 230% = 517%).
Nevertheless, it cannot kill high HP enemy in one shot, so in practical, I suggest to shift 2 skill points from Savagery to Disrupt for the flexibility of strategy.
Last but not least, due to you can only develop the ability fully in late stage, all attributes in Speed may have a hard time in stages before, although I have not tried it myself (simplicity of psychological class makes me lazy).

cpr138
cpr138
23 posts
Treasurer

I loved this class it was definately my fave of the 3, the game rocks and has gotten the only 10 i've given on armor games

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

this is what is use

predator form then sharp senses then enrage then destroy and after vicious strike and destroy again for my level 23

Showing 1-15 of 320