ForumsSupport ForumNot sure if this has been done before...

7 1506
im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

Anyways I have some people on my profile that have been kinda poking at me, it's not so much of a big deal as it is "annoying," in other words, I think we should be able to block users or have an ignore list on here, because most users on here end up getting in a couple "verbal arguments" during there membership on this site, so my idea is ignore/block list I'm not sure if this has been done but if it hasn't then I think it would be a good idea to get those annoying people off your back.

• 7 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

There has been a huge topic about this made before, and I have always agreed with that idea. Maybe with this option I can finally get rid of some annoying pestering people who spam me sometimes. >.>

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Yes, this has been suggested before.
This is similar
This too
And Here

I agree and disagree with you. It would be a good addition for some people, but also unfair as well. If they are just having a rough day, it wouldn't be nice to block them, they would have no way of saying sorry. Unless the create and account to do that.

But creating an account to do that would be worthless. It would become a ghost account.

*Please post further responses on one of the threads above*

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

Yeah I know, people are saying I have bad grammar on my page because of how I put a twist on "the" in my name and made it "tha" and somehow they think it's funny and that I spelled the, the wrong way, it's pretty sad really but that's what made me think of this idea because there's those kinda of users on AG that just need to be ignored

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well if you feel another member is harassing you then I suggest you speak with either Carlie or one of the moderators if necessary and see if they can resolve it.Other then that I will say that what Cholokid pointed out is true and this has been suggested and shot down before.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

those kinda of users on AG that just need to be ignored

Yeah, the best thing to do is just delete the comments that they say to you. If it gets too bad just contact a mod and ask them to tell those users to stop. Its better than having our one programmer work on a block list so you can ignore certain people when you could just delete what they say to you.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yeah, and that might make you come out of your shell too XD

This thread in the past was going on for a couple of months, then I guess users just figured it wasn't going to happen, so they stopped posting. This idea could be a big improvement in the site, including avoiding confrontations, verbal fights, after-shocks from debating, and just plain annoying people. Well, there is only ONE con I can think of, and it shouldn't be too much of a problem, if mods catch it early enough. Users would complain, in thread form, about them being blocked by other users, and saying they did nothing to make them do such a thing. This only takes time to locate and delete, though. Overall, that last thread had some one thousand views or something, but its buried deep in the thread bin.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Please post all further comments on the links that Cholokid provided (thanks cholo! =) ).

Showing 1-7 of 7