ForumsGamesGemcraft - secret levels

29 16210
annaH
annaH
8 posts
Nomad

What does it take to find the secret levels? Once you get to the final battle and win (or do you?), it says you can keep playing to get glowing frames and get to the secret levels.

My wizard is lvl 60, but I haven't found any new levels yet...

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 29 Replies
trayzrulz
trayzrulz
677 posts
Peasant

I beat the game and am on level 78... I can give you an approximate idea of when you get each secret level. The first secret level is green; to get this you need to get the glowing frame score for the first six levels (8 waves-24 waves). To get the second glowing frame score you need to get the next six levels in the glowing frame score (including the first epic battle). This pattern continues until the final secret level, cyan, appears by getting the last 6 levels (including the final battle) in the golden frame score. As you can tell, the secret levels appear by getting "clumps" of levels in the glowing frame score. You do not need to get secret levels in order (as in you could get the cyan before the green), you just need that set of 6/7 in the golden frame score. I hope this helps!

natmoon
natmoon
20 posts
Shepherd

If you go to the level just to the left of the final level,it has 48 waves you can use many level 1 orange gems to build up huge amounts of mana and because the level 1 orange gems don't have enough power to break through the final 4 waves of creeps armour it becomes a constant loop of mana and you never die and your mana goes sky high and you just keep using the multiplier.
I used this method to get every medal and built a level 17 gem.
You do need to use your higher level gems as well and destroy most of the creeps except the last 4 waves.
You then replace the grade 6 gems that you have been using with level 1 orange gems.
Try to only use orange gems from the start.
Personally i love tower defence games and gemcraft was a lot of fun and i cant wait for the next 2 installments

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

@trayzrulz: You do not need to fight the final level to unlock all the the hidden levels. I use as strategy to get glowing scores on all levels before the final level. Then I fight all the hidden levels to increase my spell points so that I have stronger skills for the final battle.

kambyses
kambyses
5 posts
Nomad

I really like how people try and talk about how to play this game when all they use is cheats and hacks!!! THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE A LEVEL 17 gem without useing a cheat. I have used the normal way and the cheat way. You will neve have the mana the make a gem that high level. If you want to talk about how to play the game, PLEASE play with out using cheats. YES, this means you "natmoon"

jackson77
jackson77
37 posts
Nomad

The Secret levels can be found by getting the glowing frame score or beating the "high score" to enable it to glow. Once you have done enough, a hidden level will open. The hidden levels are, and only one color. They are fun

trayzrulz
trayzrulz
677 posts
Peasant

Karsten75-- thanks for clarifying. I beat it so long ago I didn't remember if you had to beat the final level to get the secret cyan level or not...sorry for any confusion.

natmoon
natmoon
20 posts
Shepherd

I really like how people try and talk about how to play this game when all they use is cheats and hacks!!! THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE A LEVEL 17 gem without useing a cheat. I have used the normal way and the cheat way. You will neve have the mana the make a gem that high level. If you want to talk about how to play the game, PLEASE play with out using cheats. YES, this means you "natmoon"

Your wrong and your also obnoxious and i don't cheat or hack.
If you actually bothered to read what i wrote or actually had the brain power to compute what i was saying then you would have been able to see that.
Why dont you learn to use your mind before you open your mouth,maybe then you would be able to make a level 17 gem.
I could have made higher and higher level gems but it gets to boring.
Bye fool
Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

I don't know any cheats for this game (I wish I did).

Simple arithmetic says that you need to create 2,048 gems of grade 6 (the highest you can create on the menu) at a cost of 4,206 mana per gem (just over 8,000,000 mana points) for a single grade 18.

I'm following Natmoon's suggestion and it is true that at the level he recommends, one can continuously increase mana without killing the monsters. Getting to 8 million mana points is going to be hard, though.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2v2bfd5.jpg

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

In my prev post I made a mistake and said "Level 18 gem" I meant Level 17 gem.

Also, the image is too big. Here is a link to a resized image. I'll not post it again, so as to not take up too much space.
[url=http://i36.tinypic.com/2hq80fd.jpg]

natmoon
natmoon
20 posts
Shepherd

I don't know any cheats for this game (I wish I did).

Simple arithmetic says that you need to create 2,048 gems of grade 6 (the highest you can create on the menu) at a cost of 4,206 mana per gem (just over 8,000,000 mana points) for a single grade 18.

I'm following Natmoon's suggestion and it is true that at the level he recommends, one can continuously increase mana without killing the monsters. Getting to 8 million mana points is going to be hard, though.

Yeah
You need to get your multiplier up into the trillions though and that takes a while and gets boring.
Get a sandwich,watch some tv,lol.
Have fun with it
Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

If you want to talk about how to play the game, PLEASE play with out using cheats. YES, this means you "natmoon"

I think there is fun in playing a game with and without cheats. After all, if the game developer didn't want you to, they could simply remove the cheats, no?
natmoon
natmoon
20 posts
Shepherd

I think there is fun in playing a game with and without cheats. After all, if the game developer didn't want you to, they could simply remove the cheats, no?

No they cant always remove exploits and possible cheats but this wasn't a cheat or an exploit its just using the available resources to your best advantage.
I will expect that the guy is angry because he keeps losing at stuff,lol
Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

You need to get your multiplier up into the trillions though and that takes a while and gets boring.

I actually tried your suggestion more than once - and also on the orange hidden level - I got so many extra points that it moved me up - I'm now at level 91 Wizard!

Once I was at the mana multiplier of over a trillion. Unfortunately a lot of my monsters have died. That slowed down the mana increase.

If it wasn't so boring, I might try it again...
natmoon
natmoon
20 posts
Shepherd

Yeah does get boring for sure.
I just wanted to see what i could do with it,its just a bit of fun really.
Hope you had a bit of fun trying it out

Showing 16-29 of 29