ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe New Art Skills Judge (deadline: Monday)

151 35122
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

As we all know, Strop is leaving for a few weeks, and therefore has given up his job as the judge of the Art Skills competition leaving that spot open. All who would like to participate in running for this spot are welcome. As Strop said, it is up to the community to decide. There will however be a fair amount of rules to make sure that the next judge is qualified. Just because you fill in the spot as judge, does not mean you will become a mod.

Basic Rules:
-Flaming WILL get you automatically disqualified.

-You can only vote once per round

-Do not vote for someone just because they are your friend. Vote for them because you believe they are qualified.

-Do NOT vote until you are told that voting is open.

In Depth Rules and Steps:

1. You must fully understand the rules that the Art Skills Competition rules and have been fairly active in the competition for a decent amount of time. (By decent I mean long enough to also understand the amount of work it will take, and responsibility needed. Plus the fairness needed to judge)

2. You will write 1 to 2 paragraphs stating why you believe you are worthy of being the judge. Things you have judged in the past, ways you show responsibility, how you know that it would be difficult. Etc.

3. After this, there shall be a vote. Once the vote is finished and decided, the top 3 shall each get a 1 week trial, they decide the theme, deadline, and judge, this is to get an idea on whether or not they are able to commit.

4. Once the trials are over, we, the members of AG, will have one last vote on who will become the next, official, Art Skills Competition judge.

Schedule:

- January 14th, 2009. -
This will be the date of the closing of entering. Please have your full 1-2 paragraphs done and posted by then. Voting Starts today as well.

-January 16th, 2009-
The ending and counting up of voting. The #1 voted for will judge the theme "Judgement" and will pick the next theme, date, etc.

More schedule to come.

• 151 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I kinda hijacked the art comp because I thought it was taking too long for e1 to choose XD.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Then I guess there will only be those two in the experimental rounds of judging, and it will all be decided sooner?

That's what I thought.Hmm OK well then I guess it is decided then....I actually can't think of anything else to say right now,so I guess I shall just leave it at that.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Okay, I will vote Crimson, because... I would like to see how he would do as a judge. Also because I suspect the first place to get a Sasquatch Approve badge.

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

I vote for Cenere.

/notpostingreasons/

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I vote Crimsonblade55.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Okay, I will vote Crimson, because... I would like to see how he would do as a judge. Also because I suspect the first place to get a Sasquatch Approve badge.

because of that I might just make a Sasquatch approved trophy.Also...

These Votes for me are Sasquatch Approved!!!
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/SealofApproval-1.jpg
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Crimson, neither you or Deth have voted, right?

Anyway; Counted the votes:
Zophia -2
Crimsonblade55 -2
Deth4 -
Cenere -3

I think it is right, but if it is not, then correct me.
Voting extended a couple of days to make sure all who wanted to vote, have voted.

Has already voted:
Zega
thoadthetoad
Zophia
fst6
Cenere
TheSid
Xzeno

I will now go advertise for this (again).

platinumfork
platinumfork
77 posts
Nomad

I suggest a bilboard, or some graphiti on the empire state building

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Zophiachu, I choose you!

platinumfork
platinumfork
77 posts
Nomad

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww314/blech3/empirestate.jpg

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Zophiachu, I choose you!
XD!
I have to draw this~

@platinumfork:
I can't read the word after new. Is it art?
Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

-Puts hand up-
I vote for zo~
-Gets facepalmed by Cenere-
-Cough-
I vote for zophia :3 Sorry Cenere

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/25/l_d7ffa6bb7784474e9677b23189a8f3c2.jpg
Always there for you :P

@platinumfork:
I can't read the word after new. Is it art?

One would presume....

And on further note
Strop on holiday >
http://userimages01.imvu.com/productdata/stickers_77feea26ff66f90feeaa483923acd5d1.jpg
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You know what lets make this interesting.Since Cenere voted for me.I shall vote for him.I guess that gets that out of the way.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

lmao. Narutard.

Ok. *ahem*

dun

dun

dun dun dun

its the eye of the tiger, its the cream of the fight

*slap*

My bad.

I vote for ummm well, I put a lot of thought into this, and decided to vote for Cenere. Yeah.

Zoph:
-Is awesome
-An amazing artist
-a mod
-lack of time

Cenere:
-Is awesome
-an amazing artist
-not a mod
-procrastinates by using AG

Crimsonbalde55:
-Is awesome
-Makes funny drawings
-not a mod
-has time

Deth4:
-Is someone I don't know very well
-Well he traces good...?
-not a mod
-um... don't know how much time he has

Alright, I would say more but its getting late and I have an essay to write. Woo.

Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm I wonder what Cholokid was listening when he made that post?Anyways....

Crimsonbalde55:
-Is awesome
-Makes funny drawings
-not a mod
-has time

It seems me having time is my only true advantage over the others in this contest.Seriously though I came up with this idea after I said I would make a Sasquatch approved trophy.I thought I would draw a unique trophy for the winner of each contest to go with their merits that has their names on it,that would pertain to the theme of the contest.Just a thought.
Showing 31-45 of 151