ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe New Art Skills Judge (deadline: Monday)

151 35118
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

As we all know, Strop is leaving for a few weeks, and therefore has given up his job as the judge of the Art Skills competition leaving that spot open. All who would like to participate in running for this spot are welcome. As Strop said, it is up to the community to decide. There will however be a fair amount of rules to make sure that the next judge is qualified. Just because you fill in the spot as judge, does not mean you will become a mod.

Basic Rules:
-Flaming WILL get you automatically disqualified.

-You can only vote once per round

-Do not vote for someone just because they are your friend. Vote for them because you believe they are qualified.

-Do NOT vote until you are told that voting is open.

In Depth Rules and Steps:

1. You must fully understand the rules that the Art Skills Competition rules and have been fairly active in the competition for a decent amount of time. (By decent I mean long enough to also understand the amount of work it will take, and responsibility needed. Plus the fairness needed to judge)

2. You will write 1 to 2 paragraphs stating why you believe you are worthy of being the judge. Things you have judged in the past, ways you show responsibility, how you know that it would be difficult. Etc.

3. After this, there shall be a vote. Once the vote is finished and decided, the top 3 shall each get a 1 week trial, they decide the theme, deadline, and judge, this is to get an idea on whether or not they are able to commit.

4. Once the trials are over, we, the members of AG, will have one last vote on who will become the next, official, Art Skills Competition judge.

Schedule:

- January 14th, 2009. -
This will be the date of the closing of entering. Please have your full 1-2 paragraphs done and posted by then. Voting Starts today as well.

-January 16th, 2009-
The ending and counting up of voting. The #1 voted for will judge the theme "Judgement" and will pick the next theme, date, etc.

More schedule to come.

• 151 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Crimsonblade/Culture
Page 284

Zophia/Hearts
Page 274

[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/1868562/art-skills-competition-theme-culture-page-275/page/262]Cenere/Judgement[url]
Page 262

----------------------
Voting ends in a week or so.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

so is there going to be another theme in that time?Also let me try and fix that link for you

Cenere/Judgement
Page 262

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Crimsonblade/Culture
Page 284

Zophia/Hearts
Page 274

Cenere/Judgement
Page 262

----------------------
Voting ends in a week or so.

And hopefully with working links.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I'm totally undecided.... Everyone did good at judging... *plods off to research the judging processes*

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Sooo if voting ends in week or so, wont there be another round in between?

*wants to be judge for a round*

I don't want to run for official judge... but have always wanted to judge a round. So, Cen, Crimson, Zoph, could I judge a round while people are voting for you?

prettyyy please?

*puppy face*

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I am not going to make that decision Cholokid as I am a bit confused myself as to the fate of this week.It doesn't help that we did have another person running for judge(deth4) who we talked about being a guest judge,but I haven't even seen him in this section for awhile now,so I don't know.I personally have no problem with you judging,but there are just a few elements that make it a bit more complicated,and so I don't think I want to be the one to make a decision like that.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So only judges can vote, or what?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

@Crimsonbalde55
Its understandable. Deth4 would be more fit for it, sense he did actually enter. And I wonder where he is too, I haven't seen him in a while.

@Firetail
Vote for what? The official Art Skills judge? No, anyone can vote for that.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well if you mean whether or not Cholokid can judge then I don't think we would be voting for it,but if you mean the real judge then yeah anyone can vote and this whole contest would be pointless if the community couldn't vote for it.Still Cholokid if Deth4 doesn't show up in the next couple of days to take place as judge,then in my opinion I don't see why you couldn't judge,but I'm only one of the people running in this contest.Although to tell you the truth you did create this competition,so it would seem fair as long as no one else plans on judging.All I know is a whole week without a contest could end up fatal.(exaggeration is always nice in times like these)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So now that the first round is over, who can we vote for?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

So now that the first round is over, who can we vote for?

Crimsonblade55(myself)
Zophia
Cenere

does this answer your question?
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

My vote is for Zabuza.

Wow I am so not paying attention, I meant Klaushouse. Don't ask.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hmm...And how long will they be the judge for?

I wouldn't mind having a chance to judge at least once...it would be fun :-)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well, title lies, voting begins on page 7. There is the information needed.

Who to vote for, when it will end (a week or so), and ... Yeah. I guess we have no idea of who is going to judge, but well, I agree with Crimson.

And to start it off (it seems, since Klause is being weird like always):
I vote for Crimson. Again. Because the trophy was hilarious. And Zophia is procastinating judging whenever she can > >..

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I liked Crimson's style of judging best, sorry guys, my vote is for Crimson.

Showing 61-75 of 151