ForumsSupport ForumSearch and rate

3 1575
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Couldn't we have a forum searcher on community or rate the different Forums?

• 3 Replies
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

There used to be a community search, but it was horribly inaccurate. It has been removed until further notice. It still exists, though.

http://armorgames.com/search/insert-text-here-wtih-dashes-between-words-and-no-spaces/community

open a new tab and put that in the URL by copy/pasting. As for rating forums, if you go on the forums you know what their rating basically is, and we don't want to scare some new people away from low-rated forums. Plus the ratings would be even less accurate than the games, because they are all grouped together. Thus every new account would instantly rate all of the forums a 10/10 or a 0/10 for a few free points. I dunno, maybe if there was a required number of posts first, but nah. I think getting anything other than armatars for AP is discouraged.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Another way of searching is using Google: Armor Games "title"/topic.

And for the rating, why? Some people have one taste for company, some have another.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

And for the rating, why?

Yes, why? Every person has a different opinion of threads that are good and those they think are bad. So a science crazy guy would go to a thread about god and rate it 0. Everyone thinks differently you know.

There used to be a community search

I myself once made a thread about this and got the same answer. Sadly, it's one of those threads we loose track of and when newbies come, they don't know this thread has already been made. i think Strop should make a list of all repeated threads, like that ranks one.

I think getting anything other than armatars for AP is discouraged.

Everyone likes getting AP. It's some sort of a human urge, and people will do anything to get a lot of it. Some go to the extremes and spam or rate games they don't play. Others control this urge and take it slowly through the forums.

Another way of searching is using Google: Armor Games "title"/topic.

I personally use this idea. Not very often, but when I need to search the forums, I use it. After all, Google was made to be used, right?
Showing 1-3 of 3