ForumsSupport ForumClub/Clan Forum

10 1863
Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Of course I know it's not 100% neccesary, but it would be a nice addition instead of cluttering up our Tavern. What are your opinions?

• 10 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

This has been suggested many times before and wouldn't benefit the site in a way I would think.

Though I am for it since it would help clear up the Tavern..Hey, they created one for Sonny why shouldn't we beta a clan forum?

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, I've seen the recent one, but decided to revive it with a version of my own. Although I didn't notice it untill I made this one.

Hey, they created one for Sonny why shouldn't we beta a clan forum?
Very strong point theone.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Very strong point theone.

Thanks, and another thing to point out there wasn't much Sonny 2 topics until they made a forum.

And it would be nice since there are MANY Club/Clan forums and it would be easier to member up for one and clean up the Tavern.
seven_11
seven_11
304 posts
Nomad

it would help with less cluter in the tavern i wonder why they don't do it?

TheSid
TheSid
332 posts
Nomad

Well, the truth is that Sonny has no relation to anything in the site, ArmorGames can do what they want with their site, their games, and hey, Sonny was cluttering up the forums WAY more. And they still do. Even if there's a forum. But yeah, Club/Clans would be a great addition to the forums.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The problem with clans and clubs is that almost all of them are pointless. There are a few clubs that are not copletely pointless and I would have no problem with clubs that covered a wide variety of things but most clubs are specific and dumb.
Here is an example of why most clubs are pointless.

<-^-><-^-><-^-><-^-><-^->

Fans Of Gaming Club
"Talk about gaming here!"

The first post will most likely explain the rules of the club, which are the same as regular forum rules which is pointless. If it has not been done yet, the 2nd post will talk about the ranks which are aquired by AP amount (AG has its own ranks, why add more?), by how active a clan member is (nobody ever keeps track and its pointless still), or just have ranks for no reason.

After the poinless rules and such, the person who made the clan will try to recruit people and ask for people to join INSTEAD of talking about the subject at hand.

Then you get people joining and all they say is "Ill join".
When someone finally does say something about gaming other than "I like gaming" or "I like Sonny", there will be about 2 to 3 pages of incoherent jabbering. After one person finally says something pertaining to gaming, there will be even more "I will join" posts and maybe another apropriate post in a blue moon.

Instead of making a clan, wouldn't it be easier just to go the the gaming forum and find a topic about a particular game and comment it? Not only are you more likely to see more detailed posts but you can focus on details pertaining to a certain game isntead of all games. There is also no need to recruit people and there are no ranks or people to take care of.

It is not against the rules to have a club, just against the rules to spam. Coincidently, most clubs spam and are shot down anyway.

This is why we do not have a club section. If you start a club about Sonny, all you get are people saying "I will join" and the only thing you get out of the club is a list of people who like Sonny. You might as well make a thread asking who likes Sonny and have people say "I do". Both would accomplish the same exact thing, both would get locked.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

NoName I see your points, but isn't there already a lot of clubs...that do this anyways?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Most clubs are inactive that I know of. To be honest, I have not been wondering the forums all that much lately. I have been busy with stuff and it is possible I missed many clubs but I tend to let them die and if they don't, then I lock them. If the club is well constructed, however, I will let it be.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

he got a point ther(the one who posted this)

clubs now are getting popular or populated and is getting the tavern flooded by them.

Showing 1-10 of 10