ForumsProgramming Forumseeking artistic collaboration

4 2811
MadBoat
MadBoat
11 posts
Nomad

There isn't any obvious forum for recruiting people for collaborations on AG, so if this isn't the right place for this sort of request I hope someone will point me in the right direction (sorry for being so newbish).

I could use the help of an artist for a board game-turned-flash game I'm writing. This being my first flash project ever (I'm new to Actionscript, but I have plenty of experience coding in C++), I'm trying to keep it relatively simple, particularly in areas I cannot finish myself. So, the artistic demands of this game are pretty low (at least I think so); I'd need 30 or so small stills (like 75Ã-75 pixels), a couple pieces of background art, some smiley sized icons... maybe a few other things will surface as I continue coding.

I'm about 30% finished with coding functional aspects of the game, but I cannot continue without figuring out what style the game will use (for which, of course, I need an artist for relevant visuals). One of several possible themes could fit what I've coded so far; shape-shifting warriors, wizards, alchemists, or giant robots come to mind. You're also welcome to suggest your own theme, if you're particularly talented or have some unused work in some theme.

The game is a bit like M:TG; you square off against one or more human- or computer-controlled opponents, build up resources to use increasingly more powerful abilities, and beat on each other until somebody runs out of life. Rather than use cards, though, my game lets you pick from a pre-defined list of powers so long as you have the necessary resources for the ability (there are about 30, although I might make fewer available initially to ease up on the learning curve).

So if you want your name on a project with a lot of artistic freedom and relatively modest demands on your time, hit me up, and we can discuss a stylistic direction.

• 4 Replies
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Ok so this is in program help why. I thought this place was for helping people in there computer needs and they want a comment about something. Ok so first I wanted to say I'll hel... (slowly puts his hand) sorry but I truely can not help I think you would have to talk with the person that even wants to help directly in email or in some other place but not in the forum. So when someone raises there hand and you except it you won't really know who the guy is and there are also other gamers that you could ask directly that have already made a ton of games and prodjects. Ok Zeebarf is a good one if you want kinda of good place to start.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

That was a bit harsh, Sssssnnaakke~

Ok so this is in program help why
Possibly because some of the programmers here know how to find artists for their games, and might be able to help.
Locoma
Locoma
1 posts
Nomad

I'd love to help, I usually draw in flash for work but this looks like fun. I don't exactly have a portfolio but I own a comic at http://www.drunkduck.com/Locoma
my email is locomamonk and is hosted at yahoo.com

Dokterr
Dokterr
1 posts
Nomad

Ok so this is in program help why.

Ya'll need t' use grammar correction scripts t' be understood round here , maan !

Anyway , I can supply the art, I can make vector renders of some o' my 3d models : But the game's gotta interest me.
Showing 1-4 of 4