ForumsSupport ForumServeral Suggestions

19 3693
L337
L337
348 posts
Nomad

Some have been told,some not.Here they are:
Putting Images on your Profile:Nothing fancy really.
Rating system: Example, Rating: 50 Rate Up:Rate Down
Forum Signature:Would be great to put images,Dragons,art,etc.
Online Friends:Like,if you have a friend,they will show up if they are online,or not,(This could be changeable on the control panel)
Ignore User:This is for those annoying kids that like to spam.
Chat:I know that this was suggested alot of times,but,if you can make it,please,censor or ''Block'' some ''specific'' language.

That is all.Please,comment if you like some ideas or not.Thanks.

• 19 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'm not sure what you mean about the rating system...

Other than that, all have been suggested before, some are still pending, some were trashed. I'm too tired to make a list right now. >_> (It's past midnight here.)

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Rating system: We can all tell that many users will rate because of biased opinions. I can see now in the politics forum that will turn into a heavy amount of rates and go into the negatives, because people disagree with what others say.

Forum Signature: Goes with #1.

Online friends: I wish it was so. It's frivolous looking up every user name every now and then, just to see if they're online. Even in the forums, every normal user has the same color, so I would have to play "Where's Waldo?" with my friends' links.

Ignore User: I wish it was so...

Chat: Spamming, flaming, badgering, sexual remarks, and other annoyances are why the original chat was axed. BUT. That one wasn't moderated. If you need one that is, just ask.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, the most useful in those is the "block user" idea. That could go somewhere. But you should be able to take names off the "block list" also.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

I need explanation- why not numbers 1 and 3? I never made a thread for those, so I don't know why not. Heeeeeeelp!

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, not 1 or 3 because users could put "inappropriate" pictures up there...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Simple: Inappropriate images. I know for a fact that users will make/grab inappropriate/annoying images to put on their account. We don't need any of that. That's why the artists of AG make the armatars, because they are user appropriate.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Ah, I know now. K. I figured it was that, just after I posted.

I thought that the chat also was lame because it was separated by ranks, so you would not be able to talk to anyone who had a lot more or less AP.

And how do other sites stop people from having such pictures on their signatures, eh? I know that we have a reputation to uphold, but certainly there must be a way. Couldn't mods have a "edit sig" button, because it is hard to not see a signature. Of course, it could be changed over and over.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yeah, that can work, but there are a hundred thousand members on AG, and only a handful of mods to keep the order up. It would just be too much for on them.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Forum Signature: Optional, but why not.
Images: Yeah, inappropriate pictures tend to come up a lot...
Chat: Can't you just use the messenger or unofficial chat?
Ignore user: Block, right? Sure, why not. Hey, if you misspell user it becomes suer!
Online friends: Not a top priority, but is useful.
Rating: You mean rate up or down, like on AddictingGames? I like our personal rating system better.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Simple: Inappropriate images. I know for a fact that users will make/grab inappropriate/annoying images to put on their account. We don't need any of that. That's why the artists of AG make the armatars, because they are user appropriate.

I can just imagine that stupid longcat picture everyone is posting around on someone's sig >_>
On Signatures:
I know we most likely won't get them, but for the sake of discussion, I'll put my obvious ideas. There could be a limit put to how many characters and the maximum size the sig could be before it cuts off right?
Maybe you would have to have 2.000 AP before you could get a sig, and have been here for a week so a spammer couldn't make an account, spam to 2.000, and put something bad in their sig in 1 day.
There are plenty of people here who know right from wrong, so it's not like you'd have 500 bad images running around the forums(since a lot of members aren't active on the forums anyway), and they'd report the signature to a Mod in no time. i figure Signature privileges could be taken away, as well.
1 more thing:
NO DRAGCAVE, VALENTH, DRAGONADOPTERS, POKEPETS, OR ANY OTHER VIRTUPETS IN SIGS ALLOWED PLZ!!!

On A Rating System:
How about just a 'Rate Up'? No Rating Down at all. This way, people would get their little rating system they want, and people can only vote once on a profile, either 30 sec. apart or only 5 prof. rates per day(no AP).

Everything else I have nothing really to say other than what has already been said or is very obvious >_> I think.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Your opinion for the rating system made things better, at least for me = )

The images however, I'm still convinced it won't work. Let's face it, it takes a LONG time for comments and posts to get reviewed, when users flag it. Somewhat shorter, but still lengthy, for mods to notice that they have a report comment in their profile to check. Adding it up with signatures is just going to make the daily life of a mod even tougher to deal with.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Any sort of freedom to the pplz will make a Mod's day, more or less, further miserable. Hence why I said we most likely won't get it, but just so I could add to the topic, and in some way so I could feel important for the overall contribution ^^ Go me.

Flagging in my opinion is useless, but I guess it helps in some way.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'd say that if we had more mods that would help, but generally no one will agree...

Why do you need images on your profile?
Can't you just link to it?

You can also post the signature yourself, although you could easily forget, so hence I can't blame you for wanting that...

~Firetail~

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

If everyone had a signature, then the threads would be VERY crowded. Again, there is a huge chance that someone will post an inappropriate image, as we all said. Links are fine, but even then, users would have to report it, if the link is not user friendly.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c257/darkcarling/shin.jpg

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Do you think that many images would lag the site. They allow those stuff at newgrounds, and there doesn't appear to be any lag.

Showing 1-15 of 19