ForumsSupport ForumHarmless way to create more effective forumming

40 4727
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I think that there should be a function to up-vote forum posts. Some times a good point is brought up in a topic, but some people just ignore it. Because the post is good, the comment would be up-voted, and would be more noticed.

Also a good substitution to quote someone and just say "I agree".

Questions, Comments, problems..?

• 40 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

They'll know it's stupid when theirs don't get up-voted and then get ignored.

1-5 might be high was thinking of 1-3 could be better

It can still be put this way.

1-bad
2-ok
3-good
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

They'll know it's stupid when theirs don't get up-voted and then get ignored.

since when do stupid people know their stupid?

seriously i've only upvoted about 3 comments over the whole time being here playing games
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

agh i hate it when i post and see an error like they're

i feel rating system would be better because you don't have to look out for the best posts ever, you can rate each one that you want

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

i feel rating system would be better because you don't have to look out for the best posts ever, you can rate each one that you want

Look at it like this. The rating for the game is bad. People rate randomly and unfairly for many reasons. A big reason for not to rate someone well is because the person rating doesn't like the person who posted.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

you could maybe add a little [reason box] that you have to fill out to each rate..

biased views...that's a toughy to answer..

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

That would just be going too far.

When your playing a game, it might be rated 7 or 8 and at first sight you can't tell the difference. Well for this to work, it is supposed to be for first sight.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

it is supposed to be for first sight.

make it so only mods and the user who was rated able to see how many he/she got.

..this is gettin way to complicated and probably won't be implemented for along time...the fastest way i guess would have to be up-votes since they already have the code for it
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

make it so only mods and the user who was rated able to see how many he/she got

This idea is for viewing forum posts depending on it's up-votes...
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Who said that the post had to be rated? Why not just go with mine and just place a number counter based on how many people like the posts? It doesn't really have to be rated, and 1-3 is too ranged, it needs to be more specific. If we just put a counter, it would show that XX amount of people like this post, and one's that isn't so great would have no votes at all, such as the debates you guys made back and forth.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Who said that the post had to be rated? Why not just go with mine and just place a number counter based on how many people like the posts? It doesn't really have to be rated, and 1-3 is too ranged, it needs to be more specific. If we just put a counter, it would show that XX amount of people like this post, and one's that isn't so great would have no votes at all, such as the debates you guys made back and forth.

Yours sounds similar to mine, so I wouldn't not agree with it.
Showing 31-40 of 40