ForumsSupport ForumCurses!

12 2603
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

My SteamID always shows up as Destor, even though I have no SteamID. I want to get rid of it, but it always comes back. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I could just put a space, but it would still show up as

SteamID:

So, how can I get rid of this?

• 12 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I think that's a glitch. I have it too.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

If you notice Strop's and my SteamID field, you'll notice you're not the only one experiencing glitches with that...

Annoying. Very.

Lithika
Lithika
17 posts
Nomad

I am guessing so far, there has been a "fix" for the glitch? Correct?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It appears to disappear if you remember to delete it every single time you update your profile.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

It appears to disappear if you remember to delete it every single time you update your profile.

That's uh, kind of hard to do.
If I were you, I would just fill it in with something that isn't too noticeable and leave it at that.
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I didn't have this glitch or else its gone but that wouldn't harm you to leave it the way it is anyway.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

This happens to me too.
I know the answer to it too. The thing under "SteamID" is "Change Password".
Firefox is used to the username being over the password thing so Firefox thinks it's the username, and automatically puts the username there... I hope anyone understands... -.-

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

hmm, I've never noticed this, try just to delete it, instead of putting a space, and there's always the way of just going "don't have one" or something witty on that space. (I.E. I put for MSN, MSN = Maimed Serebreal Nuetron, even though it's not really that witty)

Jack8black8
Jack8black8
115 posts
Nomad

go to the optoins. go to the steam id box delete every thing there and press update profile or what ever it is

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Weird thing is, my SteamID is empty right now and nothing's showing up on my about...that's good...

texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

If I empty the box for steamID it also doesn't show up on my profile page. Am I a lucky one? :P

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It doesn't show up because you emptied it lol XD
I guess you are lucky, because most people have it stick forever. My steam ID is an actual steam ID, so I really don't have any reason to take it off.

Showing 1-12 of 12