ForumsSupport ForumNew Games

18 3078
btship2
btship2
1 posts
Nomad

There should be more new games rolling in each day like mofunzone. I can't wait for the next batch! Keep them coming!

• 18 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

They come when they come Btship... they come when they come... Some developers that have accounts on AG have their own webpage that shows the public how they are doing, and if any new projects are coming out soon. The rate of game announcements varies, as I've said in the first sentence. There was a time when there was an RPG game every day for 5 days, but then again, it took weeks later for another one to release here.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Also, keep in mind that not all new games are added directly to the front page. If you go to the different genre sections, you will find that some of them are added there instead. So even though there might not be a new game on the front page, there might be something that was added on the more specific section.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

So even though there might not be a new game on the front page, there might be something that was added on the more specific section.

That's messed up XD I thought that ALL new games were sent to that section...
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

That's messed up XD I thought that ALL new games were sent to that section...

Nope. I am not sure what the ratio is of how many get added straight to the genera vs. how many are added to the front page. But only the more popular games tend to be added to the front page.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

But only the more popular games tend to be added to the front page

I noticed that. I know this isn't the spot for it, but in regards to that, maybe you should talk to the AG Headquarters about adding a note after where it says new games on the front page that says something like "Note: not all new games are added here, check genres." That way people hopefully will complain less and not be so lazy and check out the genres themselves.
texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

:O I also thought that all the new games were added on the front page, now I'm also going to check the genres for new games :P

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

It's a bit silly to not put a game on the front page if you add it, because you are initially saying it isn't popular, yet it's nearly impossible to become popular if you don't have a debut on the front page. It seems it needs its 15 minutes of fame on the front page and let the users decide if its popular or not.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

that's a good idea, klaus...

You could put all the new games on the front page, then if they get under a certain rating after, say, 200 ratings, then they could be taken down.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Well most games that get under 5 are taken off the front page anyways it seems. But FP should include all new games.

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

Good system Klaus, I think that'd be good, but then the front page could be bare from everyone going to those games and getting 200 ratings or so. That's the only problem.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

On Kongregate what they do is show the good games on the front page, and their is a link to a big page list that has all new games. The people can then rate it. I mean, they always seem to rate the games one or zero, but Armorgames isn't like that.

But only the more popular games tend to be added to the front page.

Do you play the games? I mean, as far as I saw, Kongregate plays the games and chooses the good ones, not popular ones usually. We should do that too. Maybe we can have something like a games troop that plays games and summarizes them. If they find a good game they recommend it to the moderators and administrators.

Good system Klaus

I like your idea too, Klaus, but I see a problem: I've noticed that there are certain times in the day when few or even no one is around on Armorgames. I've discovered that a few times. And Fritz also found another problem.

:O I also thought that all the new games were added on the front page

I noticed it pretty quickly. I saw a lot of popular games there that I saw on other websites. I thought that Armorgames was a developing site too! Shouldn't you know then what games are good or not?
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Do you play the games?

The games are played before they are added, that is how it is decided whether or not they will be added to the site in the first place.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well, it shouldn't be that hard anyways to find new games by genre.
The first category is DATE which means that the new games are listed first on all genres. You just have to hop around a little to find them. You just gotta work a little =P

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it's not that hard to search around your favorite genre and find a new game, the date's right on there.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/StewieWagers/311px-Councilor11-2-1.jpg

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Do people have to invest money to put their game on the front page?
How do you know if they will be popular or not?

Showing 1-15 of 18