ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWhy?

45 6998
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Yes, it's yet another art thread from your seemingly only traditional artist. Fear me, my sketch lines, and overall suckyness. Anyways, here's my latest pic, I call it: "Why?" Not so much as a political cartoon or total angsty crap you would expect from anyone else, instead, it is a simple series I had thought of, after I really DID make an angsty pic. The Why?'s are a becoming a series of characters of mine, and their purpose is to show every negative human emotion, and I mean every single emotion I can think of, You'll see the green eyed monster, Sadness, Rage, and just about every single evil emotion I (or even you) can think of. If you'd like me to make a "Why?" drawing that I have not thought of, please contact Thoadthetoad@yahoo.com or my DA page.

So here, my friends, is Teenage Angst, #1 of my Why? pics.

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/scan0003.jpg

• 45 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

please keep your flames to yourself, why?

I'm not flaming. <_< I'm just saying it seemed EMO.

Yeah, it is somewhere along the lines of "Emo" but what does that have anything to do with it?

It seemed to be EMO, so I just.... never mind...

There... I answered your questions. ^^
Armorkage
Armorkage
247 posts
Nomad

[quote][quote][quote][quote][quote]
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

sorry man but this really seems emo.

and it also seems like you talent of drawing is somewhere below absolute 0
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

sorry man but this really seems emo.

It's disturbing, just because something is bleeding, DOES NOT MEAN IT FUGGIN EMO. At the most, I'd say this is goth, and belongs in Macrabe and Horror.

That, my kind bitch, is just flaming, and I will not tolerate it. If you have no critisism as to how I can make my drawings more appealing to the eye for you that doesn't involve gore, please get the **** out, now.

As for all of you, I kindly say to get out, for I don't want your attitudes here. If you can find a way to tell me how to improve my work, without calling it emo, or to simply say "don't be emo" please, get the hell out as fast as you can before I cook your ass so hard with my flames you wish that the bones would just melt.

Got it?

***Note to any mods***
Sorry for the large amount of censored cussing, but I had already made a post concerning bad comments, and Armorkage continued to do the exact thing I told him NOT to do.

P.S. I'd like to see you do better kid.
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

*gives the middle finger*

Not cool dude. Not cool.

@Thoad.
Cool stuff. I like the disturbing part of it. Good job dood. Good job. Still there is a but. But you could shade some more? Yes. Maybe you should work on that next picture. Then again, I shouldn't be talking, I suck.

Deep breathing guys, deep breathing.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Cool stuff. I like the disturbing part of it. Good job dood. Good job. Still there is a but. But you could shade some more?

I was thinking of it, but I don't intend for these guys to look realistic, as I want them to look cartoonish.
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I was thinking of it, but I don't intend for these guys to look realistic, as I want them to look cartoonish.

Aaah, I see. I'n that case, awesome with no buts. Can't wait for more. *cough*hatred*cough* Just sayin...
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*cough*hatred*cough*

you still pwns me when it comes to .gif.
lol :P
....so sad :'( lol.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

yeah another Emo pic, DEAL WITH IT.

This one is the emotion of Confinement. It does have representation, try and guess it and then I'll give you a cookie.

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/scan0005.jpg

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Toad I love you. But drawing for no actual reason just for attention is stupid and desecrates the whole reason of art. You don't create art for its sake, it's for you to bring out a message to explain something to people, or to show them something. Not be creepy just for attention. And the 12 year old "deal with it, I can do what I want" attitude is childish and you are just making yourself look like an idiot in front of everyone.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

It's representing cookies, right? No that's the prize... PRISON /caps /bold

Lol thoad, I meant that's an emotion you should do. I don't hate you... Yet. Well maybe. Yeah.... Yeah I pretty much hate you. Die. loljkplzthnxya

I pwn you at .gif? Sweet! Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Heh. I smile now. :3 Lol, I have only done traditional art so far... oh and pivot... oh yeah and 2 art comp. entries.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Toad I love you. But drawing for no actual reason just for attention is stupid and desecrates the whole reason of art.

Meh, I doubt it's for attention, and alot of the time it's a good way to get out feeling into the paper instead of another person's face, nads, or eyes.
And the 12 year old "deal with it, I can do what I want" attitude is childish and you are just making yourself look like an idiot in front of everyone.

Not so much with the "I can do what I want" as it is the "Deal with it, I made a depressing picture". Sides, people were really getting me steamed about how it was "emo" so I'm being hostile to them :P.
You don't create art for its sake, it's for you to bring out a message to explain something to people, or to show them something. Not be creepy just for attention.

To say the truth, I draw because it gets my creativity out, and so I don't end up like the kid who turned dull and became a lawyer when he could have been as famous as Picasso or Leonardo Da Vinci. Not saying that I could be famous, but it's just a good way to vent and get some creativity out and not all pent up.

Toad I love you. But

*facepalm*
Please don't start off with a post like that again please? IT's like telling someone their awesome then pointing a flaw out of them. Glad to know you love me (I'm taken rofl, yeah, I know, I know), but just give the critique stead the "I think it's awesome but" deal. I just wanna hear the but if anything.

Sorry to be a pissy fox, but really....lecture not needed ^^;

PRISON

Alright, Just about everything on the picture means something, even the rip on his shirt. So, try and guess now lol :P.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

To say the truth, I draw because it gets my creativity out, and so I don't end up like the kid who turned dull and became a lawyer when he could have been as famous as Picasso

Lol... I am going into law, watch what your saying!

And secondly. I still stand by the fact that this lecture is needed. Because it seems that whenever anyone here becomes slightly popular they go into some sort of phase where they want to be cool and depressive and show a deeper side. It's stupid, and its happened to almost all users who become even slightly popular. Suddenly they are extra emotional. Like you all have such hard lives, so dramatic.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Lol... I am going into law, watch what your saying!

I rest my case.
Hooray for law puns!!!
However bad they may be.

Because it seems that whenever anyone here becomes slightly popular they go into some sort of phase where they want to be cool and depressive and show a deeper side.

1. I have not become slightly popular, and I am genuinely suicidal.

2. I'm not deep, I never try to make myself seem that way, and again, as I said, THESE HAVE NO PURPOSE, except to entertain I suppose, last one I actually tried to make it represent something, but apparently that just makes me an egotistical bastard.

3. Suddenly? Dude, either I did a great job of painting a smile on my face when you were around, or you don't look at a lot of my 3k or so posts.

4. Yeah I know, drama feeds the brain though, agony is fun every once and a while, isn't it?
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

It seems that every second child on the internet is suicidal. Trust me you aren't. I can guarantee that in 4 or 5 years. You will think back at this shit, and be embarrassed, you are 13, you don't know much about drama, agony or anything of the sort, trust me on that.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

you don't know much about drama, agony or anything of the sort, trust me on that.

Nigh do I want to. Something of a fear of the future I guess :P

Anyways, switching the subject because I don't really like it and it's off topiiic...
Umm, any new Ideas for another Why? pic? I thought of agony, insanity, and rage, what about everyone else?
Showing 16-30 of 45