ForumsForum GamesEveryones making rpgs

31 5832
RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

So, this is sorta like nonames everyones spamming thread. There are way too many rpgs. we really need to cut back. No one can play that many. and no one wants to.

• 31 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Try and think of another type of game that would work with only typing

No-one answered my question, I'll assume my point was good.

Story Telling Games? Like the MWT? Most of it is text, actually, all is text now. It is working fine, we are taking the last round this week. Or regular rpgs ala DnD.

if you would actually read it, after getting a job, u get to make ur owns choices, and don't critisize, my rpg currently has the most business :P

I just took a random newer page. But it still have the same structure, and should probably have been with free choices from the start to affect my oppinion.
Most business? Yes, in this section, I guess. I really do not like that kind of rpgs, especially not since I have seen much better other places.
Adamantine
Adamantine
30 posts
Nomad

dacer makes a good point, what IS an STG?

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

kay, the point of this thread is dead anyways, can a mod lock it?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

The discussion is still going on, but you seem to have an ongoing problem with this thread, huh..
Report it to a mod, instead of just posting, because that adds on to "spam". So no posting, just reporting, huh.

Story telling games are way more fun than these rpgs.. If I had the time, I would make one for this section, but for now, I have the MWT to run, and homework to do.
But try a stg once, at least.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

i don't really have a problem with teh thread, and spam in this section counts for nothing, so it dosent add to meaningful spam....

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

dacer I looked at yours and I have not seen too many recent ones,but its probably one of the better ones from this whole group from what I can tell since you actually added some decent visuals of the events and such,but I haven't really seen too many recent RPG's on here.As far as the rest goes I stand on my original opinion.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

thanks crimson, i try my best :P

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Spam always counts. Even if it is not for AP, it is still spam.

Anyway, instead of locking, just let it die.

Last point:
Try and get WoD or DnD corebooks from the library, look through them and try and make a game inspired from them. Especially the WoD, because it is sold as a STG, and it gives great advice for how to make the players interested.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

i checked STG's out, in my opinion it was the boringst thing ive seen, anyways THE THREAD SHALL DIE!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Have you read WoD? Not the old once, though they are okay, but the new? Of course they have a modern setting, but the general idea can be converted into any setting.

I guess I does not belong here, but last time I tried for a STG thread in the tavern, it was ignored.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Also before this dies out since you closed your comments and we are talking about STG's could you please check your own STG and say something on it already Cenere?Thats the last thing I have to say on this thread most likely,except that it all depends on the way a person thinks and the amount of creativity they like to use in games that typically decides on what type,if any, form of game they will like as far as RPG/STG's go in my opinion,so I guess some people may have more of an appreciation for them while others may not.That is all...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, actually my RPGs start off slow and get more intense as your power and items increase...

But heck, maybe it's not too good of an idea.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

mine evolve as people play..

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

actually, before you all gang up on Dacer, i have to say his RPG, TRAVALICE, is the best one there!
honestly maybe you've picked a random page, read it and thought it looks boring. but thats because you are not actually playing the game yourself.
dont knock it 'til you try it!

RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

I read it over. All twenty one pages. To me, it looks like any other rpg, just with a map. Oh well. I agree, let the thread die...

Showing 16-30 of 31