ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaven City

13 2962
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I woke up in a daze and looked out the window. There was a cop siren, nothing more. I yawned and fell back asleep. 20 Minutes later I heard someone...knocking, I guess, at my door. I looked up and just stared at the noise, stared with the coldest, unfeeling, and lifeless stare I had ever done. I looked at the clock, it was 3 in the freakin' morning! Who would be knocking at my door?
"Who the hell is it?!" I yelled, half nodding off and half angry.
"This is the police! Open up or we will smash the door down!" Said the man on the other side of the door.
Startled, I walked to the door and opened it, "NOW DIE" yelled a rotting corpse as it hurled myself at me, it was chocking me! Terror and shock ran through every vein in my body as it yelled "NOW DIE, DIE DAMN YOU, DIE!!" at me. It was being decomposed, but could still talk. It's shirt was torn and it had empty eye sockets. The flesh was covered in mold.
I came to my senses and kicked the body off of me. I grabbed the nearest blunt object (which ironically was a trophy from my last game tournament, which had the words "king of death" on the plate) and struck the thing upside the head. I'm really glad I took that karate class instead of baseball that one year in 6th grade.
With a quick glance I could tell that it was...re-dead? I'm not sure, I guess it's like a zombie I hear so much of. Shit, this is not good. I walked down the hall and pounded on Mrs. Shorry's room, she's my landlord. No answer came from within. I can only assume the worst. Good thing about being a janitor here, there's always a standard issue 12 gauge shotgun.

I have an idea where this is going, but I'm too sidetracked to continue, so I hope you enjoy this filler.

• 13 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well kind of a violent and cursing introduction, but I like it, although the title is misleading...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Well kind of a violent and cursing introduction, but I like it, although the title is misleading...

You'll find out about the title later on, lol.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

That's a pretty good story, but only smart zombies knock on doors and talk.....

*waits for more zombie nonsense*

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

That's a pretty good story, but only smart zombies knock on doors and talk.....

EVZ Virus, you'll lern more about 'em.

I grabbed the shotgun and ran straight down to the cellar to get a crowbar. "Never know when this'll be handy" I chuckled and then ran out. I had seen several cops fighting off some more talking...things. I heard the national guard saying "Find Haven City! Haven City! New mexico- omg! They got cooper! nooo~"
The place was in total chaos, people were throwing babies out of windows, and some people were taking advantage by sexually harassing or even taking advantage of women and children, it was sick behond all known means.
Damn! The things that attack me are hell of fast! They go down with one shot though, the pests. 3 years of playing Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and the MMOFPS (Massivly Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter) Looter's Grave. I know all the best strategies...these zombies almost imita- I broke from my trance and blew one more things head off. Then continued walking, Well it's obvious that these things are zombies, but it really seems like they're imatating Looter's Grave. IT's scary, almost. Oh well, it said that this, "haven city" is somewhere in New Mexico, godspeed.

Rising tension between the Zombies and the famous MMOFPS Looter's Grave? What the hell is Haven City?

FIND OUT SOON!!!
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

God thoad, new virus? Rather terrible........These things can talk which just makes it worse. I do like the story, probably what would happen if there was a zombie outbreak. People doing you know what to each other. ...*sniff* Cooper!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

God thoad, new virus? Rather terrible........These things can talk which just makes it worse. I do like the story, probably what would happen if there was a zombie outbreak. People doing you know what to each other. ...*sniff* Cooper!

I'd figure that's what people would do. Cooper was in the jeep with the National Guard, I don't have much of a background story on him, but he wears a helmet. Fear it, now.

btw, I'm getting post ahead of Cenere
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

A helmet......is it's name helm? Can it replace woody? Wait...what am I saying! NVM!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

A helmet......is it's name helm? Can it replace woody? Wait...what am I saying! NVM!

Dang, I feel like that guy who made Sherlock Homes, he wanted to kill off a character but his audience got pissed, besides, Cooper and Bill (yep, his names bill) only appear that one time in the story. lol, dang.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

O well, I will live. And stupid sherlock, haveing to re-vive a charecter due to publice riots. lol

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

O well, I will live. And stupid sherlock, haveing to re-vive a charecter due to publice riots. lol

speaking of riots....

The city was being torn apart! I couldn't walk a 16th of a mile and not see a dead body, not just the ones that were undead, either. People were jumping off buildings and everything. I remembered my motorcycle and ran to the garage.
I didn't beleive it! I saw a bum trying to STEAL my motorcycle! "HEY, DON'T BULL SHIT ME MAN" I yelled and cracked him over the head with the crowbar. At this point, unless it's a woman it's every man and women for themselves. I did not feel guilty, by the looks of it he would have died soon anyways.
"C'moon, c'mon dammit! START UP!!!" I screamed at the motorcycle as I heard the releif of the motor starting. I punched it, weaved through the cars the best I could, and even began to do one of those things you see in movies where you ramp off a car screaming "FOR THE MOTHERLAAAAAAND~".
Back to reality now, I had kept on going in between cars, hitting any dead head or psycho that I cam across. Eventually, I got to the outskirts of my town. Thank god for me, there were only 3 cities between me and this "Haven City". I've heard of Haven City before, but it was just a rumour. IT was like an area 51, only it was a safe bunker during the Cold War. Experimentation had gone down there, or that's at least what everyone in the tri-state area says. No ones seen it, because there was a fence surrounding the facility to prevent bums from breaking and entering. I have no idea what's in it, since I've never really seen the thing.

Later that day....

"Damn, it looks like this is running out of gas...I'll have to stop here," I said and got off the bike. New Banshee, isn't that just an original name? Mainly an Irish town, and hate to be racist or whatever but you can tell, there's a whole BUNCH of liquor stores. I think some have been tailing me, I keep on seeing shadows in the corner of my eye.
I took some boards and shelves of an abandoned (and sadly looted) liquor store and took a couple of beers to drink. May not be the healthiest, but I heard that alcohol stimulates the senses if you drink a certain amount, so maybe it could even help.
For the first time that day I felt a little safe.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So who is the main character in this story?

(Aren't all your stories and ideas about zombies?)

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

So who is the main character in this story?

It is a literary device, and fits well in small-medium stories. Your not supposed to know his name.
(Aren't all your stories and ideas about zombies?)

Excuse me?
The Story of Faceless, Nergyl, the Nergyl Wars, Several VS Threads, loopoles in video games, so, NO, NO THEY ARE NOT. That is very insulting >
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

It is a literary device, and fits well in small-medium stories. Your not supposed to know his name.

Oh, I see...

Excuse me?
The Story of Faceless, Nergyl, the Nergyl Wars, Several VS Threads, loopoles in video games, so, NO, NO THEY ARE NOT. That is very insulting >

Sorreh.
Didn't know that :P

Showing 1-13 of 13