ForumsWEPRFascism

41 12554
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I'm tired of being treated with ignorance and bigotry. People simply fail to understand the core concepts of fascism, and the fact that it's NOT nazism - we're not 'kill-the-jews Third-Reich' racist people. We're authoritarian, nationalist, collectivist, and generally conservative. Nazism was BASED on fascism, but fascism was around first. In fact, had it not been for Italy's involvement in WWII and corruption by the Germans, Mussolini would be considered one of the most successful leaders of all time. Mussolini had an EXTREMELY high approval rating as prime minister, and set up the economy for a huge boost a decade after the war.

So, what exactly is fascism? Fascism is a form of government based around once concept - the will of one, the good of many. No one person is more important than the entire country. If the whole is improving, then the individual is unimportant. So what if a few die to improve the whole? Better that a few sacrifice themselves to save everyone else than we all suffer. This leads me to the next point - duty. We all have a duty to serve our country, one way or another. Your country gave birth to you, repay her. The best way to die is with a rifle in your hand next to your comrades. And don't forget loyalty. The highest of crimes is treason, as this causes suffering not only to your family but to the entire nation. Remain loyal and you will be rewarded.

Those three points (obedience, duty, and loyalty) are the basis of fascism. Fascists are NOT the people who make the retarded laws - that's communists. Who, ironically, want to move towards anarchy, but end up censoring everything and controlling the people because the politicians don't want to lose their jobs Fascist law may be strict, but it's not evil. In fact, it wouldn't affect you much more than the current law does if you're a law-abiding citizen.

• 41 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I, personally, see a few problems with fascism. I would think that if individual rights were eliminated then there would be no loyalty. You can't gain that kind of loyalty if there hasn't been reciprocal respect. Why should I be loyal to my country when I don't agree with how I am being treated?

Then, social force just never goes over well. There would be more censorship.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

You have a few misconceptions you still would have most individual rights under true fascist rule. Freedom of speech - you want it? Done. Fair trial? Done. Censorship is necessary in any society - without censorship, people will know more than they should about the government, which will lead to the compromising of confidential information to people who we'd rather not have it. And also, you should be loyal to your country regardless of whether or not you agree with the government. Do I like Hillary or Obama? no. Hate them both with a passion. Would I stand behind them? Yes, because it's important to be loyal to your country and stand behind whoever the leader is.

Skidzy
Skidzy
35 posts
Nomad

I hate facists, and not the nazis, theyre long gone (or so we hope), I used to know this vegetarian. Now, i have nothing against vegatarians, but this one i hated. Her name was Freya (gad) and she was trying to convince everyone in my school hall, that not being a vegetarian was wrong. she tried to get my tutor to let her to stand up and TRY TO FORCIBLY CHANGE peoples ways. She also stated that humans were'nt meant to eat meat. -.- Ahwell, shes gone now

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

So, what does that have to do with fascism? Obviously your friend was just a bigot...

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

I believe in a tolitarian state with partial communist content. I think the communism you know are those of history, right? Well, there has never been a communist state ever. Some might have an idea that Vietnam, Cuba, North Korea, etc. are communists, but the rulers have always been selfish and stopped halfway before they reached total communism. Don't say that communism is retarded and diftring towards anarchy, because you are generalizing with false evidence.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

You obviously don't understand what communism is based on. Read some of Marx's work and you'll see what I mean - communism is a society wherin we wouldn't need a government because the people would govern themselves. However, this can never work, because someone will ALWAYS take power over everyone else.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

fas·cism (fshzm)
n.
1. often Fascism
a. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
b. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.

@Megamickel NO red blooded American could live in a fascist society. The very idea goes against everything we stand for and believe in.
I think you are probably young and very naive to think that a fascist system would be desirable. I will fight to the death to stay free.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Megamickel wrote:

You have a few misconceptions you still would have most individual rights under true fascist rule. Freedom of speech - you want it? Done. Fair trial? Done. Censorship is necessary in any society - without censorship, people will know more than they should about the government, which will lead to the compromising of confidential information to people who we'd rather not have it.

I fail to see how you could still have individual rights AND live by the "Whole is more important than the individual" code. You would not have free speech if it damaged the whole. A fair trial does not have to do with individual rights, either. A fair trial is justice.

And also, you should be loyal to your country regardless of whether or not you agree with the government. Do I like Hillary or Obama? no. Hate them both with a passion. Would I stand behind them? Yes, because it's important to be loyal to your country and stand behind whoever the leader is.

Telling me what I should do does not mean I will do it. Gotta give respect to get it. It is human nature to expand our minds and explore new things. Forcing people to conform to a way of life because it is better than the whole is always going to lead to more problems. Why would you want to limit humanity?

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

"I believe in a totalitarian state with partial communist content."

I took parts from different views of communism, not just Marx's. I also said I would have a totalitarian state instead of full communism.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

@Wally: http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaster/Reading/Germany/mussolini.htm
Go there, it'll explain fascism. It's not racism, and to say such a thing is offensive to me, because I'm anti-Nazi. I'm half-German and am SICK of what that's associated with because of Hitler. Granted, the German parts of me were already stateside, but... Whatever.

I posted this to clear up misconceptions that fascism is neo-nazi racism with retarded laws that make breathing impossible. That kind of bigotry is why the AFP doesn't really exist anymore. That and the fact that fascism doesn't really work except in ideas, because, like ANY government (INCLUDING our own, take a look!), those with power will become corrupt.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

its a bad link...
i never said fascism was racism.
i find it hard to believe someone could be so weak minded and unsure of themselves, to actually want a dictator to rule over them.
did your parents ignore you, and you're just yearning for some discipline? do you really want someone to control you?!
i'm just trying to figure out what in the world would cause you to think that would be a better way of life!
i know our system isn't perfect, but it's what we make of it...not what someone tells us to make of it.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Do you want a weak government? People don't need freedom - they need a system that will ensure that society as a whole functions. I hate democracy and all it stands for, especially when the officials we elect have NO responsibility to voters once they're in office. You sound like the typical young American, you have hope and optimism. I'm a realist - the system sucks, it's time for change. Do I think fascism would work better? No. Officials with power always become corrupt after time.

And I dunno why the link is bad, it didn't post they way it should have...
Try this

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

So, what about my issues with it?

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

It seems with either A Fascist or Communist government, that one man always ends up on top.

Niceguy878
Niceguy878
220 posts
Nomad

I believe people should live how they want to live, just as long as they don't negatively affect other people in the process. I have no problem with fascism.

Showing 1-15 of 41